Eyb- views please

HopelessMummy

1 hour ago, HopelessMummy said:

Anyone any recent experience of this please?  Have read previous posts but they're dated

Thanks

Think I (along with others) wrote about our dd's much enjoyed experience of Cinderella in Hollywood in Oxford last June and I thought I'd seen people post since then but not sure what constitutes "dated" these days 😂

• Like 1

DD loved it (did Swan Lake in Wimbledon summer 2018) and is very disappointed they’re not anywhere near us this year. I’d highly recommend it both in terms of the teaching and in terms of getting performance experience. I particularly liked how everyone got time on stage in both acts, and the way it was very well organised (which made it much less stressful for parents than it might have been).

It is only two full weeks together if the rehearsals and performances are all in the school holidays. Otherwise the rehearsals are Sat/Sun for about six weeks beforehand. They do require attendance at all rehearsals, but will make a rare exception for one-off prior engagements which cannot be missed eg. vocational school audition.

3 hours ago, HopelessMummy said:

Ah. I've obviously missed some threads!

And I've now found the answers thank you. The only other thing- are the children, if selected, required for the entire time for the two weeks regardless of the role they have?

Thanks everyone!!

My daughter’s schedule runs over 14 days (including performance days) but they don’t run concurrently. Mostly Friday after school, Saturday and Sunday, until the school holidays and then there are three days in a row, but not necessarily over a weekend. It spans about 7 weeks in total. 

I hope that makes sense?! 

Miss Lewis has been really good at answering questions so far. We have to arrive late to one particular rehearsal due to an existing ballet commitment, she approved this for us. 

Good luck! 

We will be at this one with lots from the ballet school - my daughter has done Swan Lake at Wimbledon and Coppelia in Hastings and loved both, made lots of progress. It is not cheap but worth it.

Yes they spend 2 weeks learning their own roles and understudying others, generally watching and learning from each other. Lots about acting in dance too.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Good luck in the audition!

On 11/02/2020 at 13:14, Betty said:

We will be at this one with lots from the ballet school - my daughter has done Swan Lake at Wimbledon and Coppelia in Hastings and loved both, made lots of progress. It is not cheap but worth it.

Yes they spend 2 weeks learning their own roles and understudying others, generally watching and learning from each other. Lots about acting in dance too.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Good luck in the audition!

Did your dd get through? 

On 13/02/2020 at 19:03, HopelessMummy said:

Did your dd get through? 

Yes she did - I hope yours did too?

my dd was an 8 year old courtier in 2018 swan lake, so in Acts 1 and 3 - Act 2 was all swan. There were lots of junior and senior courtiers, dancing and doing eating and drinking acting around the back. It depends on height and costume fitting. She is hoping to be a swan this time round but we’ll see.

3 hours ago, HopelessMummy said:

Fantastic news. I hope she gets the part she wants. 

Yes dd did, thank you very much. We were really very surprised as she was also awarded with a scholarship.

No doubt we'll see you at casting and rehearsals! 

Well done! They are going to have a great summer. 

• 1 month later...