Make-up advice for RBS auditions

Katia05

Auditions are coming up soon for Mid-Associates year 9/White Lodge lower school, and though by no means the main issue to consider, my dd had a question about make-up! On the info sheet it says no make-up. From anyone's experience, do the 13-year-old girls literally wear no make-up or can they wear subtle natural-coloured mascara and a little foundation, or how strict is it?! Any advice welcome.

41 minutes ago, Dizzyballetmum said:

My DD is currently year 9 WL and has a very pale complexion, she likes to wear very light blusher and bronze with subtle lipgloss and mascara .

Thanks, that's good to know. My dd is also very fair and feels rather too pale if she goes completely make-up free, especially her eyelashes, which are very blonde!

I was shocked what I've seen last year during ballet school auditions.  The make up by some is another level. It looked like some girls confused nightclub with auditions. From false lashes to sculpted HD brows...the works.

Gentle natural make up, blusher and mascara should be enough. And neat hair. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlexyNexy said:

I was shocked what I've seen last year during ballet school auditions.  The make up by some is another level. It looked like some girls confused nightclub with auditions. From false lashes to sculpted HD brows...the works.

That's what a lot of the MT & performing arts schools expect at auditions, I believe.

I remember in the 1980’s at Elmhurst we were told to be in full stage make up every day as you never knew when an agent might be around.... those were in the days when IMHO Elmhurst has lost it’s way badly & suddenly shoved half the sixth form with no consultation onto a Musical Theatre course!!!! Of dear....I’m afraid as one who went there to do ballet it was a personal disaster.... but boy some really took it to the extreme with Cruise Ship Showgirl fishnets, thongs & enough Make-Up to sink a battleship!! 

Edited by Peanut68
Typos
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, alison said:

We've had some discussion of the makeup requirements in another thread recently, it seems to me.

Ah I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant to RBS auditions. Please could you link if things have been discussed already, thanks.

Don't worry, they won't be pale on audition! They would be pretty pink- cheeky and sweaty as there's lot of physical efforts will be. So, go better for waterproof mascara and better leave the skin just to breath and glow naturally. What is actually needed is lip balm! As mouth/lips would get dry. Good luck 🍀 

• Like 1

I appreciate that RBS May have posted No Makeup. However for the girls that feel a little coverage will help them on the day. Try a simple BB cream. Maybe just enough to even out the skin tone without appearing ‘madeup’  Just remind them to ‘dab’ not wipe their faces with their hand-towel 😉

• Like 1