Sign in to follow this  
toursenlair

New Carlos Acosta movie: Yuli

a trailer has just been released for Yuli, based on Carlos Acosta's memoir, No Way Home. It seems the movie is just doing the rounds of the film festivals at the moment. I expect its theatrical release will be next year

• Like 6

I saw a reference to Carlos talking about this somewhere - now, where was it?

Also he's featuring on the Sound of Dance(?) series on BBC Radio 3 on Saturday afternoons - don't know which one.

• Like 1

Yuli has just been released here (described as "inspired by" the life of Carlos Acosta and his autobiography). I saw it yesterday and found it very personal and profoundly moving. I hadn’t read Carlos Acosta’s autobiography or even followed him much during his career and so wasn’t quite prepared for how much the film has affected me. Wow just wow and huge respect to him for being so open as well as to those involved in creating the film for capturing not only his story but also life and events in Cuba at the time.

• Like 5

I saw this yesterday and I would completely echo Duck's comments above. A terrific film - absorbing, beautifully filmed, extremely moving, and superbly acted. I was left in a conflicted state at the end - very sad for what Acosta lost and suffered, and very uplifted both by his achievements and by the enduring love that permeates the film.

• Like 4

It was a very well done film and very much enjoyed. Incredible to see what he has achieved and how he got there. Very emotional and moving, especially to see his family watching his Lausanne performance on TV all the way from Cuba. 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:58, Lynette H said:

This is on at Sadler's Wells on 6 May at 6pm. 

https://www.sadlerswells.com/whats-on/2019/yuli-the-carlos-acosta-story/

There's a post show talk with Acosta and the director. 

(It's on at the Linbury too, on a different date, but I think that is sold out).

Tickets still available for Sadler's Wells, I see.