Chase Johnsey News

Well I never ... expected him to join ENB, certainly!  If he is indeed transitioning, then I hope he's given the privacy and the peace and quiet he deserves in which to do so, and that everyone involved is given the time necessary to adjust to the changed circumstances.  Best of luck to him.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, fromthebalcony said:

Does he mean permanently?  His video message states, "but today I am joining the English National Ballet, as a First Artist, in their production of Sleeping Beauty."  

I hope so but I don't know.  When the company takes on "extras" for the large scale productions I don't think they would usually be given the position of "first artist".

IMO it is a real coup for ENB if they have taken CJ on as a permanent artist and I am surprised they haven't made any sort of announcement given the fact that he won a Dance Critics Circle award last year and his fame as a (very wonderful) Trock.

• Like 3

I have seen somewhere (perhaps on Facebook?) that Chase is joining as an extra First Artist for The Sleeping Beauty.

Whatever the situation, he and ENB will be treading new waters together and it is maybe too soon for anything to be said officially.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Nicola H said:

might be  becasue the LGBTQ community have  issues wit hthe trocks after  they  way they  treated  Chase Johnsey ...  

My  view on that particular issue  appears to be  be the one  shared by Ms Rojo ... 

Do we know what Chase is doing now? I shall miss him very much tomorrow.  

Edited by alison
Added Nicola's quote for context
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Don Q Fan said:

33 minutes ago, johnross said:

Chase Johnsey joined ENB

Looking at his Instagram account he seems to be back in America but I’m not sure what he is doing now.

His contract with ENB seems to have been short term.

24 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Looking at his Instagram account he seems to be back in America but I’m not sure what he is doing now.

His contract with ENB seems to have been short term.

At July's LBC interview he indicated he would be making a documentary including dance pieces that he has created.  

1 hour ago, Don Q Fan said:

he had a fixed term contract with ENB  earlier in the year ,  he's currently back in the US having taught  on a number  of summer intensives and  iirc  he;s got a number of other  teaching  engagements  in the next  few months in the US 

he's also involved , as Bruce said , in  one or more  films / documentaries  about dance 

he is active on  twitter and  facebook   as well as insta 

• alison changed the title to Chase Johnsey Is Joining ENB - and future plans
  • Jan McNulty changed the title to Chase Johnsey News
  • 8 months later...