What warm-ups / extras do the cool tweens wear?

Confuddled

So I've had a really frustrating e-mail from the Sansha shop (they won't honour the prices on their website, or explain why they added tax on to children's clothes, or why their prices don't add up to their total) and cancelled my order. But now I can't find the fleece unitard in child size 10-12 anywhere on the internet. Nothing on ebay, and Amazon is out of stock. Dd really wants a Sansha one, as that's what the other girls have. Does anyone know of a real shop that I could phone up, that might order me one in and post it to me? Or something that would look just like it?

I'm going to have a look at all the other brands suggested for next time and see how small they go, but for this time she's got her heart set on the Sansha one.

1 hour ago, Confuddled said:

So I've had a really frustrating e-mail from the Sansha shop (they won't honour the prices on their website, or explain why they added tax on to children's clothes, or why their prices don't add up to their total) and cancelled my order. But now I can't find the fleece unitard in child size 10-12 anywhere on the internet. Nothing on ebay, and Amazon is out of stock. Dd really wants a Sansha one, as that's what the other girls have. Does anyone know of a real shop that I could phone up, that might order me one in and post it to me? Or something that would look just like it?

I'm going to have a look at all the other brands suggested for next time and see how small they go, but for this time she's got her heart set on the Sansha one.

I'm almost certain dancique in Birmingham stock them so it might be worth giving them a call. They are really helpful so I'm sure will sort you out if they can 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TooTu said:

I'm almost certain dancique in Birmingham stock them so it might be worth giving them a call. They are really helpful so I'm sure will sort you out if they can 

Last time I spoke to Dancique about Sansha they were thinking of stopping stocking their stuff due to poor service but I might be wrong. 

• Like 2

On 14/01/2018 at 20:09, balletbean said:

The Black all in one "Andy Pandy suits" are very popular. I'm not sure of the official name. Found on most online dancerwear retailers. Wide straps made out of t-shirt cotton fabric. One size generally fits many age groups, hems can be rolled up for a more accurate fitting, as there is no elastic cuffs. Baggy in style so no issues when worn over tights. The bodice can be rolled down to around the waist which is 'cool'. Just remember to wash first before wearing as they can leave a small amount of fluff on the tights on the first outing. Hoodies can be worn over or t-shirts under. Very flexible/adaptable item to have in the wardrobe/ballet-bag. 

If you get a chance, could you link to one for me? I've been looking but all I've found are pale pink (which is pretty much the only colour she absolutely refuses to wear).

1 hour ago, Confuddled said:

If you get a chance, could you link to one for me? I've been looking but all I've found are pale pink (which is pretty much the only colour she absolutely refuses to wear).

I think this is the type balletbean means. My younger dd has this one & it's great https://www.planetdancedirect.co.uk/Bloch-Tendu-All-In-One-Jersey-Warmup

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TooTu said:

I think this is the type balletbean means. My younger dd has this one & it's great https://www.planetdancedirect.co.uk/Bloch-Tendu-All-In-One-Jersey-Warmup

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that!  

I've worked out the sizing on the extra petite and it's (at least) 10 cm bigger than dd, so I think that's not a goer, unfortunately, so I need to find child sizes.

27 minutes ago, Confuddled said:

I've worked out the sizing on the extra petite and it's (at least) 10 cm bigger than dd, so I think that's not a goer, unfortunately, so I need to find child sizes.

clicking the  link in TooTu's post took me to the childrens sizes  ones ... with a sizre chart clickable on the page 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Confuddled said:

That link should be to the child sizes. It starts at age 4-6 & goes to age 12-14. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Tatasmum said:

@Confuddled

Sansha are discontinuing the fleece warm ups so the prices have been heavily reduced.

https://london.sansha.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Gaby

Thank you for that.  DD loves her current one, but it is getting small, so I've ordered the next size up! I was tempted to buy the next size too .... but who knows if she'll like it then!?!

Ended up buying quite a few bits ... as if you spend under £25, you get a £3 handling fee on top of £5 something postage! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

Thank you for that.  DD loves her current one, but it is getting small, so I've ordered the next size up! I was tempted to buy the next size too .... but who knows if she'll like it then!?!

Ended up buying quite a few bits ... as if you spend under £25, you get a £3 handling fee on top of £5 something postage! 

I have ordered one extra petite and a petite. I should have paid more attention to the charges, but they were such a bargain I did it in a hurry in case they sold out!

• Like 1

Hi all

I think the fleece all-in-one you’re referring to is the Sansha Gaby fleece! Dancique in Birmingham do sell them (bought one for dd at Christmas). They (Sansha not Dancique!) had a problem with manufacture of them a while ago (top seam had no give in it - this seems now to have been rectified!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Hi all

I think the fleece all-in-one you’re referring to is the Sansha Gaby fleece! Dancique in Birmingham do sell them (bought one for dd at Christmas). They (Sansha not Dancique!) had a problem with manufacture of them a while ago (top seam had no give in it - this seems now to have been rectified!) 

On the website there are two varieties of Gaby fleece being discontinued. It seems they replaced the one made with polar fleece with another style which is just fleece. I posted for polar fleece as it's the smoother of the two. I hope they will be ok for DD because it's not worth returning them.  I will be out of pocket with the posting and handling charges.

Edited by Tatasmum
  • Like 1

So I had my order delivered today. I only received one of the items I ordered despite getting an email last night informing me both items had been shipped.  I have rang them and they said they are behind with refunds. The printed invoice states the two items were ordered. Very poor service.

Edited by Tatasmum

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2018 at 14:17, Tatasmum said:

So I had my order delivered today. I only received one of the items I ordered despite getting an email last night informing me both items had been shipped.  I have rang them and they said they are behind with refunds. The printed invoice states the two items were ordered. Very poor service.

On 15/03/2018 at 14:46, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Why does that not surprise me 

I was sufficiently annoyed at the lack of clarity about prices that I e-mailed the Advertising Standards Authority about them. I got back an e-mail saying:

We’ve considered your complaint carefully and all the issues raised.  We will keep a record of it on our system and take your views into account if we receive more complaints about this or similar issues.

We will also take your complaint into account in our regular proactive ‘intelligence gathering’ sweeps, where we analyse a range of information – including complaints made to us – to spot significant or emerging issues, which we might want to tackle. 

While we won’t be taking any other specific action on your complaint at this time, I want to thank you for contacting us.  Complaints like yours are extremely important to us as they help us to build a picture on the issues that we should tackle.”

So if you really feel that you were misled about prices (which is how I felt, quite apart from the poor customer service) it would be worth contacting the ASA to help them build up a picture.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Confuddled said:

I was sufficiently annoyed at the lack of clarity about prices that I e-mailed the Advertising Standards Authority about them. I got back an e-mail saying:

We’ve considered your complaint carefully and all the issues raised.  We will keep a record of it on our system and take your views into account if we receive more complaints about this or similar issues.

We will also take your complaint into account in our regular proactive ‘intelligence gathering’ sweeps, where we analyse a range of information – including complaints made to us – to spot significant or emerging issues, which we might want to tackle. 

While we won’t be taking any other specific action on your complaint at this time, I want to thank you for contacting us.  Complaints like yours are extremely important to us as they help us to build a picture on the issues that we should tackle.”

So if you really feel that you were misled about prices (which is how I felt, quite apart from the poor customer service) it would be worth contacting the ASA to help them build up a picture.

I did eventually get the second warm up. The extra petite was diddy, would fit age 7-8 so I kept the petite and got a size 3.

There is another discussion about their awful service. I think the online shop won't be around long enough for the ASA  to take any action but it is dodgy that they add tax on at the checkout.

Here's the recent discussion about Sansha. I have started a PayPal claim to get a refund on a second order.

Edited by Tatasmum
Add a link

I was whining on here about trying to find a pair of Sansha Prince shoes a while back. It may not surprise anyone that I eventually gave up and went with the So Dancas instead

• Like 1