Tring

Lildancer96

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, i hadn't thought of it that way! I thought they would decide if they wanted her and then decide in which level she would go! But I prefer your way of thinking ;-)

Edited by afab
  • Like 4

Tring used to have about 5/7 new MDS awards each year.

There used to be a report each year on the old MDS website which gave you how many MDS holders there were at each school. Just looked at the current website and can't see the reports on there. Used to make interesting reading.

Tring also seemed to get a couple more MDS for those who had held one at a previous school so they could continue their training. I think RBS had about 24, Elmhurst 20, Hammond 5. These figures could be out of date.

I don't think they know about MDS places definitively themselves until the last moment. If a dancer from a school on an MDS auditions for a different school for whatever reason and is successful then their MDS would become available again at the last minute.The results of these other auditions are only just coming out. When my dd auditioned years ago we received a letter before the final informing us of how many children were being invited to the final at Tring and how many places were available. It was a lovely letter expressing congrats to all that had gotten so far and regret that there were not enough places for all the talented children who reached the final. Perhaps a letter like that might be sent this year. The good thing is at Tring they don't keep you hanging around waiting. My friends' sons who were both successful were phoned on the evening of the audition and told they had been awarded funding.

• Like 2

When we auditioned a couple of years ago we had only just got in from auditions when we got a phone call offering a funded place. Axward as we were still waiting to hear from Elmhurst results which meant we had to say yes even though our preference was Elmhurst. I wasn't going to answer the phone but hubby got their first.

Good afternoon all,

Does anyone know any other DD going for funding audition for Yr9 at 11:15 on the 20th?

Hi Miracle. Hope your dd/ds enjoyed the day today. it is a lovely school. Best wishes for a good result. Hambleton

I know I've just commented on your FB wall - but wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS on here too. I love the way they tell you on the day (although that does leave me wondering about all the others who don't hear - how long is it until they're let down gently?)

I was going to say the other day that I thought you needed a wing or a studio named after your family ;)

• Like 4

Lots of luck to everyone waiting and thanks for the good wishes and the support. i feel like a weight has been lifted now they are all together in the one school. It was a seriously nerve-wracking few months.

My older dd got her place from the waiting list and it was about 10 days till we got that letter. Never forget it...the mids offer came on the same day and I thought she would be pleased but she sobbed for 2 days. Lucky the place did come up and she hasn't looked back...and now the adventure begins for the littlest one :)

Julie, I don't knw about a wing...but I think I should seriously get a job there!!!!

• Like 3

Hello everyone.

Sounds like there is fantastic news for balletcoforum goers this year! Well done to everyone, and everything crossed for this still waiting. :)

Rather curious about the process for Tring. Alongside Lil, I am attending the sixth form DADA auditions tomorrow. Do you find out on the day via phone call? I live 5 hours away from the school, and anxious about missing the phone call if it is on the same day!

LB x

Yes in previous years they have contacted successful DaDA applicants the same day. They ring mobiles whilst youre en route home. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I have had 2 daughters on dance courses at Tring,youngest junior dance course on a MDS and eldest senior dance course on a DaDA so know what it's like!

• Like 2