Tring

Lildancer96

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a selected few attend the funded audition.

The letters take approx 7-10 days, There are usually 4 types of letters they send out:

1: No

2: Waiting List

3: Yes, but without funding

4: Yes, but would like you to attend a final audition for a DaDa or MDS.

Sucessfully applicants that have attended for the final audition usually only have to wait between 7-10 days for a final answer.

BEST OF LUCK!!!! :)

Evening all, my Dd auditioned for Tring on 26th Jan for a year 10 place, at the audition speech we were told that there would be one of three letters going out this year,

1, A yes

2, sorry a no

3, you have been put on a waiting list for a place.

unlike the speech last year that said about the four letters like Modge56 mentioned above. After the speech I asked if there would be any MDS awards given out this year and I was told they didn't know. :wacko: Last year my daughter got offered a place and invited back for mds funding and from that on the waiting list for funding.

We received an offer today for a place for my Dd for my daughter but that the offer come unfunded :( i've not told her yet as she has become very down after not being able to start last September and made herself poorly. But she was determind to audition again as Tring is her dream school, but I do wish they had told us up frount that year 10 would not be funded this year, Hammond told me straight out so we didn't audition.

If anyone has any ideas on how to approach companies or which ones may help could they let me know please as I can't stand this feeling that i've failed my Dd by not being able to profide for her.

welldone to everyone that has had a postive outcome and my heart goes out to those that has had no's

x

When we auditioned for year 10 at Tring we were told up front that there was no funding for year 10, but at finals they had suddenly found at least 2. Same at Hammond although we didn't audition we knew of 2 who did and both offered funding.

In fact at Tring they were very blunt about the funding at the first audition making us feel as though we were wasting their time in applying.

The masons do offer gifted and talented scholarships we know of a few in receipt of funding from them.

Edited by KathyG
  • Like 1

That is fantastic news Lil..am very pleased for both you and your daughter!!

Sugarplumsmum - congrats to you too. Please don't think you have failed to provide for your daughter. You have given her so many opportunities and even for her to get this far takes so much dedication on both your parts. Hopefully the masons will help. Can I ask a stupid question - our school system is different in Ireland - is Year 10 the same as 6th form?

I am getting increasingly concerned because my DS auditioned on January 17th and we haven't heard anything at all. Is that a bad sign or is it just the postal systems on both sides of the Irish sea? Should I call Tring? Surely we should have gotten something at this point. I originally thought that Lildancer auditioned the same day as us and was somewhat comforted by your response but now I realise you were a week after us!!!

We have had to put all our eggs into the Tring basket because of the logistics, the full board option, the potential DADA option and the Academic stream which I feel is a must. If my DS is unsuccessful at the Tring auditions he doesn't really have any other option which will devastate him.

Thankyou for all your kind replys, still not told her yet :blink: I think I may try and contact these mason people tommorow then I can tell her not to get upset as i'm looking into something for her, think I may do it after school as I don't want her going to school stressing, so how do I contact the mason's??

And Damhsamom no year 10 is the same as year 4 in state school's.

x

• Like 1

Afraid I can't help on the Mason's contact but over here some of the banks offer funds as do the Arts Council. Mind you given the state of our economy I think they would be difficult if not impossible to secure.

Thanks for the clarification on the Year 10 question. In Ireland we just have 1st to 6th year with GCSE equivalent being done in 3rd year and A Level equivalent being done in 6th year.

Should I be concerned about lack of response - It's OK to tell me the truth :huh: I would just rather hear now and get it over with my DS needs to be concentrating on his exams and just can't focus at all at the moment :(

DanhsaMom I would wait till Friday then contact them, my letter was posted on the 30th and I received it today and thats the uk so may be a few more days for your's.

Dd's audition although on the 26th was for only 11 students, 10 girls and a boy so maybe that was why it seemed the letter's were out faster, also I know 2 of the girls were from abroad so their letters were going via email.

Would love to know how the others got on, good luck to everyone waiting for their letters.

x

With regards to contacting the masons you need to know someone who is a mason. They can be very discreet. You need to have a connection with a mason to apply for funding. We tried and were unsuccessful in obtaining funding from them.

I'm guessing people are meaning the Freemasons....? I think what you'd be looking at is this: http://www.rmtgb.org/how-we-can-help-you/talentaid

My DD was offered an unfunded Year 7 place at Tring a couple of years ago, which we couldnt take. It's so sad and you do feel guilty but the fact is that some people are wealthy and some people aren't. Simple as that! It's not fair, but life isnt fair. All we can do for our children is our best, but imagine if you sold your house to fund a place, and then your child became injured, got assessed out, or simply decided they didnt want to dance any more? In my humble opinion that is too much pressure on everyone. Eventually my daughter accepted that we couldnt send her and now when she looks back she is pleased that she performed well enough to be offered a place.

Auditioning is always valuable experience and good practice for next time. Hope all those with a no this time can cope with it and keep moving onwards and upwards. Xx

• Like 3

DanhsaMom I would wait till Friday then contact them, my letter was posted on the 30th and I received it today and thats the uk so may be a few more days for your's.

Dd's audition although on the 26th was for only 11 students, 10 girls and a boy so maybe that was why it seemed the letter's were out faster, also I know 2 of the girls were from abroad so their letters were going via email.

Would love to know how the others got on, good luck to everyone waiting for their letters.

x

DS's audition on the 17th was 10 students - 8 girls and 2 boys..We did receive our audition notification by e-mail and the original followed by post and I thought that might also be the case with the audition and have been watching my e-mail like a hawk but nothing.

Exactly! Now I know that to most of our dancing children he must seem insane to throw away being a Principal at RB ;-) but I have heard of children voluntarily leaving Vocational School....must be a hard enough decision in any case, but imagine feeling like that and knowing that your parents had got themselves into thousands of pounds worth of debt to send you there?

With regards to Sergei, who, it seems, has now had his permit to work revoked - one can't help wishing he'd had a chat with Dame Mon earlier and asked for a temporary leave of absence....

• Like 1

After several phone calls we finally got notification from Tring but the news wasn't good...am going to have a devastated young man on my hands when I tell him :( ..any suggestions on how best to handle this, I've not been here before!

Been thinking of you DamhsaMom - hope your son coped OK with the news and sorry I couldn't offer any sensible advice! We had to cope with my son's letter when he was assessed out of year 9 at WL, but we then got busy sorting out his Elmhurst audition and subsequent place - I'm not sure how he'd've coped if that hadn't been successful.

Thanks all of you for the support. It genuinely helps a lot!! My son coped much better than I thought he would. Very upset and disappointed but still wants to continue which is a good sign. My main concern is that his options in Ireland are non-existent and he only started ballet at 11 so is a late starter who I think has made great progress - his first ballet exam was inter found after only 2 years of ballet.

Sorry to hear your news DamhsaMom but pleased to hear that your DS is handling it in such a mature way. It sounds like being in Ireland makes things more difficult for him, but don't give up hope. He is doing very well to have reached that standard in only 2 years. If he keeps working hard with his local teacher I'm sure other opportunities will come up. How old is he now? There are lots of schools that you can apply for at 16 or even 18 that have more of a focus on contemporary or jazz which if I recall rightly you said he was more interested in than classical ballet? Have you thought about a Summer school for him this year at all? And the RAD do "Boys Only" weekends that might boost his confidence a lot too. I appreciate it will be expensive for you to come over for courses though - maybe you could combine a course with a family holiday as there are some of them that are in very nice places. Your son sounds like a very determined and talented young man and I'm sure other opportunities will come his way in due course.

• Like 2