Northern Ballet CAT Scheme (Leeds)

DancingShoes

This is Leeds, hans11. If a topic refers to Northern Ballet School in Manchester, you'll see the tag "NBS" under the thread title, as opposed to "Northern" which refers to the Company and Academy in Leeds. :-)

To clarify - There is a CAT scheme in Manchester which is contemporary and ballet based at the Lowry I think. Leeds is classical.

If it is at The Lowry it is in Salford (which is a city in its own right).

Lowry CAT details:

http://www.northwestdance.org.uk/CAT

Edited by Janet McNulty
edited to add Lowry CAT details
  • Like 1

My daughter joined the programme last year having been an associate for a few years. She absolutely loves it and has improved in technique and confidence so much. The staff are very friendly, professional and approachable. She'll be leaving to take up a vocational sixth form place this year and will be sad to leave.

• Like 5

The Northern Ballet CAT scheme is the only classical ballet CAT scheme in the country, I think? It is reputed to be exceptionally good and I have read about some great achievements by CAT scheme dancers.

I wish we were nearer to it!  We have a contemporary CAT scheme near us which is good and often has dancers leaving to take up sixth form contemporary places but my DD is all about ballet, although she does now do contemporary classes at the same dance academy as our local CAT scheme and is currently in their pre-CAT scheme performance group.

• Like 1