RBS Autumn Masterclasses

Primaballerina1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they have had masterclasses previously, although perhaps not for a few years.  I have accompanied pupils but I am not sure if I still have any paperwork to make a list.  The two that spring to mind were with Francesca Zumba (Sp) of POB who came twice in different years and Tamara Rojo when she was still a Principal with RB.  Her class and variation coaching was so good that was after that Gailene Stock invited to be a guest teacher at RBS.  

Edited for spelling 

Edited by Pas de Quatre

My DD did these Masterclasses a couple of years ago.  There was a series of four, Paris Opera, Danish, Royal Ballet School and one other.  They were not very well advertised and mainly White Lodge pupils and local students attended.  She enjoyed them

The teachers are from Paris opera ballet and Royal Danish ballet school

Ooooooo RDB school.  If you are really very fortunate it will be the wonderful Thomas Lund (whom I believe was involved last time around).  I LOVE the Bournonville style!!  Please report back!

• Like 1

My DD did these Masterclasses a couple of years ago. There was a series of four, Paris Opera, Danish, Royal Ballet School and one other. They were not very well advertised and mainly White Lodge pupils and local students attended. She enjoyed them

Trying hard to remember - was it Italian style?

The other was The Russain School with a teacher from the Vaganova Academy, Irina Sitnikova. In the morning she gave a demonstration class with a few of her pupils and the afternoon it was the Masterclass. I went as a Teacher but didn't take any of my own pupils on that occasion.

Thank you. My dd did these days including the demonstration and workshop but couldn't remember at all.

• Like 1

For those that live close to London yes the early start on a Sunday will suit most but living more than a couple of hours away makes it harder. Also I didn't want to book a hotel the night before until I knew for definite, now even premier inns are £150 for the night.