Bloch, London - moving location

PrancingMum

Just a relocation as AnnaC has noted and yes the new store will be much bigger.  Opening hours are changing from what I understand - later opening and closing.   They are also diversifying with more sports and fashion lines.  The industry article I read focused on the bespoke nature of the brand but I am not sure how they think pointe shoes compare to the other brands they were aligning it with such as watches, jewelry and the sports shoes.  It is now not within walking distance of Capezio and Dancia so maybe not a good move for the dancers?

• Like 1

Okay I take that back MAK - it is within withing walking distance. 😊  We are just used to the trio of Bloch, Capezio and Dancia and being able to fit in a quick shopping trip taking in all three.  We will just have to rework our route to class and the theatre. 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, junedancer said:

Okay I take that back MAK - it is within withing walking distance. 😊  We are just used to the trio of Bloch, Capezio and Dancia and being able to fit in a quick shopping trip taking in all three.  We will just have to rework our route to class and the theatre. 😉

You are absolutely right - I'm the same and for my usual route from Holborn it won't be as close/convenient as the other two. I was just thinking about what you were saying about diversification and wondering if the plan was to broaden the appeal and thus my mind wandered to Pineapple etc. When I first saw the Drury lane shop closed and empty looking a couple of weeks ago I did panic mildly!

• Like 1

Walked right past it on Friday evening ....twice!! And didn't notice it had closed lol. I suppose it was dark and wouldn't have been open when I was passing but nevertheless am surprised didn't notice it was empty!!

Monmouth St  isn't that far away at all .....about the same distance from the station? Definitely doable if wanting a dance gear buying day in Covent Garden!  

5 hours ago, Sheila Beelam said:

Maybe I should  buy a lottery ticket and open up another Just Ballet shop in the empty shop in Drury Lane....🤪

That wouod be great. 😍 Unfortunately as bbb says it will be sometime before there are any retail opportunities. They are turning the block into flats apparently. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jan McNulty changed the title to Bloch, London - moving location
  • 2 weeks later...