Audition leotards/What to wear

Balletbabe

Hi, looking for some advice. My dd is a JA with RBS she has an audition with elmhurst coming up for full time training. Just wondering what she should wear should she wear her JA uniform or not? Thanks 😄 

Edited by Anna C
Title edited for clarity

I honestly think it depends on which centre you are with. We were with Manchester and the teacher there liked them to wear their JA white Leo for first auditions and then any colour for finals! 

When we got to Elmhurst there was a mix of JA’s and Elm associate Leo’s! 

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 1

My DD’s RBS JA teacher told her class not to wear their JA uniform as she felt it was particularly unflattering, plus she said the panel knew which candidates were associates anyway. Her preference was an Arabesque Carla leotard it any other high legged one in a colour that suited child.  She’s in her third year at Elmhurst now. 

Something not too low cut at the back as numbers pinned on one's bottom in case they do back numbers pinned on as well as front numbers.

I just did photos for a couple of last minute applications... one of the photo info pages said for photos to wear leotards there were not frilly, no lace bits, nothing too fancy straps wise etc. I assume that plain is similarly better for auditions?

On 11/11/2018 at 17:49, Balletbabe said:

Thank you very much, I think she will wear Ja uniform. 

Yes, I would say the majority of JAs do seem to wear it at yr 7 auditions. They are used to seeing JAs at Elmhurst as many of their yr6 associates change into it there before going up to do their RBS class. 

Edited by Mummy twinkle toes
  • Like 1

If there’s any chance the leotard May ride up and cause your DD to fidget with the leotard especially around the legs. Use a little body tape/double sided tape to hold the leotard in position. Especially helpful if you go by the no knicker rule. 😉

I’m sure you will but having a little practice at home is always a good idea, even if it’s just to reassure your DD that the leotard is the right one. 

Good luck. And Breath.........