London childrens ballet

Nancy19

My daughter auditioned for LCB on Sunday for the first time. She got to the call back stage on the day, they then said we would receive the results in the post. Today she received a letter, asking her to attend again for finals in a few weeks time. Can anyone shed some light on what is involved in this next part. How many get through, past this round. We are used to EYB, finding out on the day! Thanks in advance, any info or tips gratefully received x

• Like 1

A former student of mine did it two years ago. She also got through to the final audition and,if I remember rightly, she said that the class was harder for the finals, with more advanced exercises. She was accepted for the touring section and she really enjoyed it. She had wanted to try and audition again in the hope that next time she would get into the London week production, but was away at audition time. The nice thing about the touring company is that it's a smaller group and she got chosen for a couple of solos, which were super. So don't be disappointed if that's what you get, because it's also very worthwhile doing and a privilege to be chosen. :-)

I did it about 12 years ago! It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. However I did not get it first time round! If the selection process is similar, they choose 50 dancers of varying talent and sometimes a dancer who maybe very classical might not be what they are looking for.I know many who got through one year did but did not get in the year after and vice versa. Good luck! Be as animated as you can - that's definitely a big part of it since all their ballets are very much based on a narrative.

Good luck lemon girl hope it will be a yes. About 5 yrs ago my youngest went LCB she had only been dancing for about a year so wasn't expecting her to get past first stage , however she got through to final audition but then got a no !! I still remember how upset she was but it was lovely experience and also opens up their eyes to how much talent there is .

• 3 weeks later...