SSA Associates move to Arts Ed

davidstinson

If you are aged between 10 - 18 and want to enhance your current training, then please visit www.stinsonstageacademy.com to book an audition for either the second half of our summer term or for September start.

Venue 1: Danceworks, Balderton Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 6TG
Venue 2: Arts Ed, 14 Bath Road, Chiswick, London, W4 1LY

(From September 2014, all classes will run from Arts Ed)

Courses we offer are:
1. Classical Ballet (Ballet, Pas de Deux, Contemporary, Jazz)
2. Musical Theatre (Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Singing, Acting)
3. Street Dance (Street, Break, Locking & Popping, Commercial)

Get taught every Sunday (during term time) by some of the worlds leading musical stars, choreographers, dancers and directors. Students also get the chance to work with resident dance companies to include BOP led by the world acclaimed Dollie Henry as well as Chantry Dance Company that lead the way in contemporary and that is led by two inspiring choreographers Paul Chantry and Rae Piper.

Stinson Stage Academy will enhance your current training beyond belief and are working with students from little dance schools from all over the UK to students from schools such as Arts Ed, Tring and Italia Conti.

Our student associates are also invited to join our West End & TV Agency if they are not already represented and also have the opportunity to gain performance experience and graded qualifications.

For further information please visit our website or email london@i-path.biz or you can call 020 3714 3393

If you would like to enter our academy this summer term, we can arrange a private audition. Alternatively, our audition dates for September 2014 are as follows:

Sunday 13th July 2014: Classical Ballet Course Auditions
Sunday 20th July 2014: Musical Theatre Course Auditions
Sunday 20th July 2014: Street Dance Course Auditions

Stinson Stage Academy is registered to the International Performing Arts & Theatre.

Sounds fantastic! Everything always in London though :-(

So true! Why it always has to be in London... Sometimes it makes me feel bad, thinking that I could offer my DC much better start and better chance to succeed living in London :-(

• Like 3

SSA are launching three associate courses from September at Arts Educational School, Chiswick, London that will take place every Sunday 10.30am – 3.00pm during term time at just £28 per week.

1. Classical Ballet & Contemporary Dance (Intermediate Level i.e. Grade 3 – 5) & (Advanced Level i.e. Vocational Grades)
2. Musical Theatre (Intermediate Level i.e. Grade 3 – 5) & (Advanced Level i.e. Vocational Grades)
3. Commercial Street Dance (Intermediate Level i.e. Grade 3 – 5) & (Advanced Level i.e. Vocational Grades)

Any potential talent, we would be more than happy to invite them to an audition. Auditions take place at Danceworks, Balderton Street, Mayfair, London on the following dates:

18th May 2014    | Ballet (Invitation Only)  |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
25th May 2014    | Ballet (Invitation Only)  |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
1st June 2014     | Ballet (Invitation Only)  |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
15th June 2014   | Ballet (Invitation Only)  |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
22nd June 2014  |Ballet (Invitation Only)   |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
29th June 2014   |Ballet (Invitation Only)   |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
6th July 2014      | Ballet (Invitation Only)  |  Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)  |  Street Dance (Open Auditions)
13th July 2014    | Ballet (Open Auditions) | Musical Theatre (Invitation Only)
20th July 2014    | Ballet (Invitation Only)   | Musical Theatre (Open Auditions)

Our mission is to work with a number of dance schools from around the UK and individuals in enhancing their training and improving their opportunities to work in this ever competitive industry. We work very closely with Western College University and University Nevada of Las Vegas and will be performing with these two leading universities at Move It next year! Our extensive faculty are current working professionals with combined credentials to include Royal New Zealand Ballet, Rambert, Monte Carlo Ballet, Canada National Ballet, Cats, Cabaret, Phantom of the Opera, Top Hat, Singing In The Rain, Chicago, Love Never Dies, Body of People Jazz Company, just to name a few. We also have our own talent agency for those students that are seeking representation and have many clients staring in West End Shows!

Join us in our international mission to take dance to a whole new level! Email london@i-path.biz

Whilst I applaud your enthusiasm for the courses and classes you offer, wrong location and levels for my DC unfortunately, is it not possible to add information to your existing thread on the subject rather than open a new thread on the same thing every week? Surely this is the same set of auditions you advertised on a different thread less than a week ago.

• Like 4

David, I have merged your two most recent threads to produce this one. Could we ask that you continue to post here instead of starting more new threads on the same subject?

Many thanks.

• Like 1

If we have enough evidence of demand - we can organise a workshop somewhere and I can bring my faculty to you!!! :-)

We also have students travelling from Leicester every week so if anyone is from the Midlands, I could try and arrange car shares or even lifts every week... Just let me know.

It is a bit rubbish that London is South and far out from the rest of the UK... My little sister who is a dancer has to travel from Leicester every week to come to her big bro's academy in London. I remember when I first went to London to my first dance class... Ahhhhh... It was amazing!!!! But if there is any way I could bring London to you, then just let me know!

David :-)

P.S. Sorry for posting new posts... I'm still getting the hang of this forum... Everything just keeps evolving so feel the need to keep you all updated. :-)

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Travelling is a pain but it does seem the only way to be able to get Advance training in dance for our children.  I really can't praise the team at Stinson enough and feel it is well worth a look for any aspiring performer/choreographer or anyone looking for a career in performing arts.  I could write and write about our experience so far but honestly you have to meet them to understand.

Definitely take a look at the Stinson Stage Academy Associate programme, they offer a Musical Theatre and Classical Ballet Course.  It is very different to other programmes that we have experience of and they will accept 16+.  The team are all professionals who have a wealth of experience and the invited guest teachers compliment them brilliantly.

My daughter has been attending since they opened at Easter and her local dance teachers have commented on the change in her dancing.  The ballet that Alessia Lughoboni teaches is much more like the kind of ballet they would experience as part of a company and really stretches them to think for themselves and pushes them beyond in a firm but fair way.

Currently they run out of DanceWorks in London and are happy for prospective students to attend for a taster day which would also act as an audition, this costs around £28, alternatively I believe they are also offering auditions on particular days.  In September they are moving to Arts Educational School and the facilities will be excellent.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

AUDITIONS!

Ages 10 - 18 are invited to audition or have a trial day on one of our Associate Courses which include Intermediate Classical Ballet, Advanced Classical Ballet, Intermediate Musical Theatre, Advanced Musical Theatre Courses, held every Sunday during term time from 10.30am - 3pm at ARTS ED School, London. From only £336 a term. Work with the most elite dancers and choreographers from the West End and around the world!

Check out www.stinsonstageacademy.com
Email london@i-path.biz
Call: 07500 701521

We look forward to hearing from you!

David, I have merged your two most recent threads to produce this one. Could we ask that you continue to post here instead of starting more new threads on the same subject?

Many thanks.

David, I note that despite my request (above) to update this thread instead of starting new ones, you started another thread this afternoon. This contravenes the following section of our Acceptable Use Policy:

"Commerce

There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services.

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. "

I have merged the two threads again. Please update this thread with information about your classes and/or audition dates, rather than starting a new thread each time you have an update.

Many thanks.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

David, I note that despite my request (above) to update this thread instead of starting new ones, you started another thread this afternoon. This contravenes the following section of our Acceptable Use Policy:

"Commerce

There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services.

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. "

I have merged the two threads again. Please update this thread with information about your classes and/or audition dates, rather than starting a new thread each time you have an update.

Many thanks.

I'm so sorry! I find it hard to find my old posts as there are so many... I've just seen that I can go into 'My content' as one of my students parents shown me after seeing my telling off... Do forgive me as I am only trying to offer students on here outstanding training! I literally come on here to post useful information for potential students - many of which have come to me from BalletCoForum! The site can be very confusing if you are not constantly using it, especially when you are using other sites too and with all due respect, I don't really have the time to read the terms and conditions as I prioritise teaching and creating opportunities for my students, many of which are your members.

I think with all due respect that it is not the done thing to advertise for students on here but to use the proper resources. You do not affect me as I am not local to you but I would be upset if you did. I'm sure you offer some fantastic opportunities. But don't we all. I am disturbed that you are managing to get students from the forum.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry! I find it hard to find my old posts as there are so many... I've just seen that I can go into 'My content' as one of my students parents shown me after seeing my telling off... Do forgive me as I am only trying to offer students on here outstanding training! I literally come on here to post useful information for potential students - many of which have come to me from BalletCoForum! The site can be very confusing if you are not constantly using it, especially when you are using other sites too and with all due respect, I don't really have the time to read the terms and conditions as I prioritise teaching and creating opportunities for my students, many of which are your members.

If you have any trouble using the site then please just ask. One of us will be glad to help you. As a forum we try to keep our terms and conditions simple and to a minimum, with clear sections. Every forum member agrees to these terms and conditions when joining.

You can either go to "My content", or you can search the forum by keyword, so it should not be too difficult to find this thread again next time you have an update.

• Like 1

with all due respect, I don't really have the time to read the terms and conditions

I don't see that as respectful at all.  Being busy is not your prerogative.  I'm sure you would not be happy if your students disregarded the rules of conduct at your classes or if parents chose to pay when suited them instead of at the time requested in your terms and conditions.   Plenty of posters on this forum give information on worthwhile courses and classes for children and adults all over the country and it is usually welcomed. 

• Like 4

I don't really have the time to read the terms and conditions as I prioritise teaching and creating opportunities for my students, many of which are your members.

This is outrageous and completely out of order. You had to agree to the terms and conditions when you signed up and it is your obligation to know what the ground rules are. If that is too onerous then perhaps you should be confining your postings to the 'other sites' that you mention.

• Like 9

Mr Stinson,

Most on this site have multiple responsibilities one way or another. I would be interested to know why you feel your time is more valuable than others? Maybe you shouldn't be advertising your courses if you are so busy already?

Thanks.

A number of organisations take the time and trouble use this forum as free advertising space to promote themselves, so surely it is not unreasonable for the moderators to expect those organisations to take the time and trouble to observe the rules and regulations relating to commercial posts.

This forum is read by a large number of people, not only parents (such as myself), but also students, teachers, dancers and other professionals - and industry 'insiders'. The influence of Balletco reaches far and wide, and I'm sure I am not the only one to notice that subjects discussed at length on here are followed up a few months later by an in-depth article in the Dancing Times on the very same issue (perhaps this is sheer coincidence, perhaps not!).

Subjects discussed on here tend to remain in the memory for a considerable time.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I am a mother whose DD attends Stinson Stage Academy. She also attends a full time performing arts school in London as do many others who attend SSA. I understand what everyone on here is saying and respect your views but I do not want to loose the main purpose of the thread which is to spread good news about excellent training. I am aware that there is an amazing Half term offer on at the moment which is worth exploring. They have amazing teachers as already stated by others further up in this post.  

http://www.stinsonstageacademy.com/ takes you to the Half term offer. Its a ridiculously cheap price as it is an Half Term Offer.  There are limited places available.

If you are looking for a workshop this is a fantastic opportunity. The teachers are those from within the industry, take a look at the link below and click on their name to take you to their CV to see for yourself:

http://www.stinsonstageacademy.com/about-ssa This takes you to the teachers and yes these are the regular guest teachers !  :-D  They have other guest teachers too that you would be amazed at :-)

This is based at Arts Ed Performing Arts Schools Chiswick London

Check it out for yourself