Encouraging playlist

mel

Inspired by the care/treats packages thread.

DD will be going away in September and I will miss our long chats in the car about life and stuff.  Often those chats were the time when I could be quietly questioning or encouraging when things weren't going well.  I know there is the phone, and Skype, etc, but I also know DD is a bit the type to try to work things out herself rather than ask for help even if she's feeling bad, and I thought I'd like to put together a playlist for sad or lonely times, especially in her first year.

Here are my first two suggestions:

Dreams can come true - Gabrielle

Faith - George Michael

Anyone want to add any?

• Like 1

We have a musicals CD in the car and listened (sang along!) to it on the way to way to auditions to calm the nerves.

On random selection, "I am what I am" played EVERYTIME we pulled into the car parks ..... Spooky but true .... Whilst it has a very different sentiment, It became "our song" and my daughters outlook to her audition :)

Have fun compiling the playlist Mel!

• Like 1

Bit of a plug for a favourite singer/songwriter of mine - Freewheel by Duke Special - well worth a listen to on youtube, really beautiful lyrics, stick with it for the very uplifting section in the middle   :)  

• Like 1

True colours (whichever version you prefer!)

Two songs which have always 'forced' or picked me out of down times are 'you get what you give' by the new radicals and 'stuck in a moment' by U2. Not instant pick ups or Disney style 'you're fantastic' style songs but a bit more 'come on now, sort it out, you know better than this!' in their lyrics.

And planets by Kate Rusby is indeed a beautiful song. And to quote her 'pre song chat' at gigs for it, it's probably one of the very few songs that mentions superman!

• Like 1