ROH public booking summer season

Something is very wrong here. In and out of the site in less than 15 minutes, no time lag, nothing. Given that it's Mariinsky booking for the summer, and there are some very starry opera casts, I expected it to be a lot worse. Have I just been lucky for once in my life?

On the less-good side: not a standing ticket to be seen anywhere, barely any side amphi seats, and I've still got 3 performances of The Dream bill for which I don't have a ticket.

BTW, I'm sure we must already have a booking thread for this period, but I couldn't spot it. If someone can let me know where it is, I'll merge them.

BTW, I'm sure we must already have a booking thread for this period, but I couldn't spot it. If someone can let me know where it is, I'll merge them.

I don't think there is one.  I remember being surprised that nobody started a thread on Friends' booking day. I do, however, seem to remember that  there were some comments on Friends' booking  in another thread. I'm afraid I don't remember which thread it was.  

Had no problem with the system today .... but, my word, I went in at 10.00 am this morning and first off hit 'Manon Lescaut' .... I FINALLY got one amphi standing place ... but I had to search down FIVE performances to find it .... The standing - especially for opera - is beginning to be like gold dust for general punters .... So much for the support of the subsidy that is supposed to make it 'available to ALL' ... (e.g., those who are willing to play the 'rush in at the opening of the general booking' game!  The ballet mixed bills proved no problem.  Oh, and one other thing ... don't know if it's just me .... This £3 donation is becoming more difficult to rid yourself of.  I still think you should have to CLICK the option in the first place ... not to have to go into two screens - and it isn't made clear - to remove it!!!!  Perhaps others don't agree??? 

Oh, and one other thing ... don't know if it's just me .... This £3 donation is becoming more difficult to rid yourself of.  I still think you should have to CLICK the option in the first place ... not to have to go into two screens - and it isn't made clear - to remove it!!!!  Perhaps others don't agree??? 

I agree.  I have suggested to ROH that those who already have an account should have the ability to disable the automatic inclusion of the donation through their preferences page.

• Like 5

This £3 donation is becoming more difficult to rid yourself of.  I still think you should have to CLICK the option in the first place ... not to have to go into two screens - and it isn't made clear - to remove it!!!!

*Two* screens, Meunier? I managed to get rid of it easily enough by clicking "Remove" in my shopping basket. That was after I realised that it was there at all: fortunately, I was already wondering why my basket was showing 2 items when I only had the one ticket in it, so I looked to see and realised what the problem was.

I still don't like any venue trying to sneak these additional donations in: it's underhand.

• Like 2

Quick and easy for me too.  No problems getting all the tickets I wanted.

I don't like the additional donations option and find it cheeky too. I already donate to the Pointe Shoes appeal and other good causes. 

The ROH are not the only site which automatically populates a suggested donation.  It has recently started happening at the National Theatre too. I think there they work it out as a percentage of the total ticket price.  Sadler's also automatically suggests a donation of £2. Annoying.

Edited by Lynette H
  • Like 1

got a ticket for  Royal Ballet School 12th july which seemed to selling like hot cakes.

all ready had the tickets for the other ballets i wanted to go to during friends booking. as for the £3 donation would have been better to have it unticked then given the option to donate if you wanted

as some people may not notice it b4 paying.

I agree with other posts regarding "donations". As a friend of ROH and a priority member of the NT and have donated to NTFUTURE I think I am doing my share so any further "donations" should be my choice not automatically taken and hope I don't notice.

• Like 3

I have just tried to book a ticket at the Old Vic for Electra in the autumn. 3400 in queue!!

I was lucky and managed to get some tickets yesterday as I have an ATG card. I suddenly got an email from them yesterday saying I had one day's priority booking. By the time I got on to book most performances were limited availability but I managed to get a couple.