Reserve Lists

Curious

There are probably a number of people who are sitting on more than one offer and are still waiting on letters to come. Only after all the schools have finished will they then make their choice and turn down places. Then the waiting lists will come into play.

There is still time for reserves to get a surprise :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know of a few on Rambert reserve , also Central . There will be a lot of movement soon , and some surprised and delighted DC s . Hang on in there everyone ! Only this morning I heard of someone who got offered 4 different schools - so obviously that person can only accept one place - hence 3 more places will be offered of the relevant reserve lists .

It is wonderful isn't it Tutugirl they way someone accepting funding releases a place (or several) for other students; I'd really like to see that in practise with a mindmap type presentation of who went where & when

I think it would look like fireworks!

• Like 3

I agree - it is still very early days - even if it feels like you have been on a reserve list forever already.  Some schools have not even finished auditioning yet - like Bird for example and I, too, know of people with multiple offers who have not made a decision yet but ultimately they can only keep one place/DADA and will release the others to those on waiting lists.

• Like 1

Amethyst ... As you accept each provisional dada place at different schools the information is passed to the Council for Dance Education and Training (CDET). If someone is holding more than one dada place by a certain time, they will be asked by CDET to confirm the school of their choice ... I think! Please feel free to correct me anyone if I am wrong.

Only talking lower school here, but we got an offer of a Y7 place off the reserve on 1 July. So hold on! Quite a few did get offers from the reserve list and many at a fairly late stage. I think a number of those offered the places for lower schools decide not to accept once they have taken some time to consider and have worked out the realities. They may turn down a place due to funding, distance, not wanting to board, deciding to try again at 16, as well as accepting an offer elsewhere.The late offer made it a very rushed decision for us, so not ideal.

Has anyone every heard of anyone getting off the reserve lists for year 9 or 10 places.

My dd has accepted a MDS place for year 9 and she was on the reserve list :- ) so it does happen

• Like 4