Reserve Lists

Curious

When my dd was offered a year 7 mds place a few years ago, we had to turn it down and pull out in the June, so I'm guessing someone may have then been awarded that place pretty late in the day. She then auditioned at the same school again for year 9 even though the then year 8 cohort was full. She was wait listed and offered a place in August to join year 9! So, yes, it does happen.

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

It does happen but I think that everyone needs to bear in mind that the dynamics of every year group and their respective offers is different every year and what has happened before has no bearing on what may happen in the future. I would not like to think that anyone is given false hope! My dd is on the waiting list for tring but we long ago gave up waiting!! If it happens that is great but in my view it is best to move on and take a late yes as a welcome surprise!

Edited by mum in a spin

My dd was on the waiting list for Central and has been offered a place. We've turned it down and she is going to BTUK. She's really happy about BTUK which is good because we would have had to turn Central down due to the fees, (plus cost of living in London) as you know, there are no reductions for O/S students. So - there is another place for someone at Central :)

• Like 10

DD received her uniform list from Central today - very exciting ! They want payment by 12th May, which means a financial commitment - DC's with more than one offer will probably make a decision . May help those on the waiting list if places become available  :)

• Like 1

Hi pastel, been following your storey too. Nerve racking for us I'm sure even more so for you having to travel so far, a huge adventure. Maybe our daughters will get to know each other in september if things work out. Good luck x

• Like 2

Hi Stressedmum, yes this journey is pretty wild - but we're trying to keep positive. Honestly, it is nothing short of a miracle that everything has fallen into place for us. My dh's job, dd's ballet school placement, selling our farm etc etc, so we're trusting that it will continue to work out when we travel. It is a little disturbing that no-one else seems to have accepted without the condition of accreditation. I hope they don't have any ideas of cancelling the course........

Hope to meet you and your dd in September.

• Like 2

Yay!!! We are very pleased for your dd, although my dd was looking forward to having yours in the same course. Wishing her all the best and we're so happy that she was accepted into these school of her choice :)

• Like 3

DD has just had an email offering DADA funding for Tring sixth form - declined immediately, as she is over the moon to be starting at Central in September - so good news will be following for at least one other  ;)  :lol:  :)

• Like 13