RBS Lower School Auditions for 2014 Entry

DancingDays

• 1 month later...

Yes, good luck and enjoy.

Allow plenty of travel time and if possible have spares of everything.

Warm up well and avoid unsafe stretching beforehand.

Live the moment, one day you will be like me and certain other forum members looking on and thinking gosh, that was us 10 years ago.... yes , 10!

And we lived to tell the tale. In fact we are on the sequel now!

• Like 6

Good luck to everyone auditioning,my dd auditioned on the 23rd and really enjoyed it ! Even though the day had not started well as her hair had chosen this day to to rebel and refused to go up neatly. Then the journey which usually takes 35 mins took 1 1/2 hours. Luckily we had set off very very early so we arrived on time. We were just a little bit disappointed with the "competitive warming up" that was going on. Luckily my dd wasn't bothered by this and was more concerned with my cold hands trying to pin her number on :-) My dd came out of the audition very happy so whatever the outcome she had a lovely morning off school to do dance . ( and we had cake afterwards too)

• Like 13

DD had a wonderful day yesterday and came out very happy.  I can't quite believe how many little girls there were piling in and out.  However they all seemed bright eyed and bushy tailed so WL must be doing something right.  There was no competitive warm up just stretching and jumping going on.  DD was practicing her face as she never smiles. One of best things about the day was DD meeting up with a girl she met at Tring Easter week.  They were just like old friends nattering and went off to the toilets together for ages.  I think we'll hear at the end of Feb?

• Like 10

I don't think it will be that long MVOBE - the first final audition for lower school is the 28th February so they've got to give people plenty of time to prepare and make arrangements if they are invited to finals.  We were also at the 9th Jan audition at Birmingham and they told us a couple of weeks - so I would imagine it will be later this week or next week.  

I think Afab is right that they do all the first round auditions first but they're all done now (for Lower School - I think there's still a couple of upper school / SA auditions to do first week of Feb).

Lower school finals are 28th Feb and 7th March but Upper School finals aren't until 16th March.  

Keep calm and carry on ;)

Remember, there are two letters to come.  The first is for recalls to the final audition for joining WL full time, these usually come a week or two after the last of the preliminaries.  Then after the final audition, they allocate the Associate places and letters offering these are sent out.

• Like 1

MVBO last year there were 24 boys invited back to the WL finals and they made a big point of saying that they had done very well indeed to get that far . DS should know that just to get into JA's already means he is very talented . As there are only 12 places it's a tough decision , so he should be proud whatever the outcome ! It should not be much longer now .....try to distract yourselves as it will only seem longer if you expect that letter every day !!

We are also waiting for a letter now having had an audition yesterday.  They told us two weeks approx to wait.  Does everyone get a letter roughly the same time I wonder or will they start sending out the letter from the earlier auditions sooner??  It looked like there were lots of talented boys yesterday so I am not too hopeful.  I think some of the boys must have been auditioning for years 8/9 or above - either that or they were very tall 11 year olds!

hi pas de chat

We were in at 2.15 what about you? dd really enjoyed it and it was nice to see some of her friends that she met a NYB and other auditions :) how did your dd find it? Hopefully they won't keep us waiting long :) x

We were at the 3.45pm I can't believe there was a further audition after us!

hi pas de chat

We were in at 2.15 what about you? dd really enjoyed it and it was nice to see some of her friends that she met a NYB and other auditions :) how did your dd find it? Hopefully they won't keep us waiting long :) x

Sorry posted too soon.  DD loved her audition.  I think she knew she just had to go for it as the chances of getting in are sooo slim she thought she should just enjoy having important ballet people looking at her.  She is not the body type for WL and not overly bendy but it was a good day. 

• Like 1