RBS Lower School Auditions for 2014 Entry

DancingDays

My top tip of the day. If you're not at home, try to avoid looking on the forum. It's like torture when your hear people have letters and you have to wait, made even worse if yours hasn't arrived when your get back!

Years ago, when my daughter was waiting to hear about a bursary place for her secondary school, a friend sent me a text to say she'd got hers - my boss resorted to driving me home in the middle of a shift because I was annoying the hell out of everyone speculating. Thankfully the letter was there (and it was good news), otherwise I'd've felt a bit daft :-D

• Like 6

This time last year I read on the forum that letters had arrived at break time but had to wait till lunchtime to rush home. It was torture and by lunchtime I had whipped myself into a frenzy! I neaRly had a heart attack when I rounded a bend and saw ( for the first time ever on that road) a mobile speed camera. Got home to find that our post as usual was slower than everyone else's and there was no letter! Luckily no speeding fine ever dropped through the post so even in my excited state I must have been still driving ok, I guess it was just my heart racing!! Best to stay off the forum whilst at work! Good luck to everyone waiting

• Like 2

Love it! Yes, you do get 'post' traumatic stress from hearing that others have their letter! The forum is a fab place for support and info but it can be tough when others get yes's and your dc has not. However, try telling me to stay away when we were waiting for a letter. It's totally addictive!!.... but pace yourselves! If you think this waiting is bad, wait until you are waiting for the letter after finals.......Wishing you all huge luck :)

• Like 5

Love your post little nutcracker about the post traumatic stress, brilliant!!!! Waiting for the post is complete torture. Part of me thinks that waiting for the letter is good because then we still have hope, it really could be a yes!! and once you have received your letter and it's a no then it really is over. The sensible part of me just wants to know the results so we can get back to normal life and get off the audition roller coaster.

I'm surprised that the schools don't e-mail the results, in this day and age, particularly as a lot of students apply from overseas.

Aileen, I can only speak from 'summer school' experience where they do email the results to overseas people.....of course it's probably different for full time...All the best everyone, I'm feeling your pain ! xx

Well the waiting is over for my ds, I have just opened his "no" letter for rbs. Oh dear how can I be upbeat? So very disappointed for him as he has loved being a JA and worked so hard. Now feel extremely sick at the possibility of the elmhurst "no" winging it's way to us.

Just want to say huge good luck to all others awaiting news!