Help - Cake decoration

Katymac

Well we normally do about 6 Ballroom comps a year (just got back from Blackpool at the beginning of November) & we aren't doing anything at all this year........so that's where I found the money for the auditions

I'll make the cake while at work (I'm a childminder - the children can help) & decorate it while she is at class

I'm buying ready made cake toppers (just flowers) & the frill won't take very long - no hemming just gathering and a nice bow

She wants lilac/purple - so ready made bought rolled out icing, flowers ordered.  I have silver net, purple ribbon (from our wedding cake oddly enough)

So it's all sorted!!

I'm great at cheating ;)

• Like 2

Lin you are obviously so busy you never watch adverts!  Tesco have been blanket advertising the Hudl for weeks - it's their version of a tablet, very reasonably priced compared to some but I don't know anything about the quality or usability of them as haven't had an opportunity to try.

Aha thanks Janet! I had never heard of it! When I go up to London there is no tv or wifi so become sort of incommunicado for a few days!! In fact not even a cooker just a microwave oven. A bit like being a student in Hall in the old days(before computers!)

I have seen an ad for the new IPad air which looks fantastic but will have to wait for a couple of years!! Ive even managed to see the John Lewis ad twice and the Baily ad once!!

Well I only caught the Baily ad because someone on this forum said it would be on whilst Black Swan was showing the other night.

I quite enjoyed the film the second time best not to think of as a ballet film and its quite good on the horror score I think!!

The ad was so fast I couldn't appreciate fully may be better second time round too!!

Are the hudl........was thinking of purple shoes or something on the cake!!

Sorry we've got a bit off topic but I'm sure she'll love the hudl if its anything like an IPad!! I'm practically wedded to mine my partner keeps telling me!!! On second thoughts better get lots of chat in now as once she gets on it that's the last you'll hear from her for a while!! (Only joking.......a bit)

When is the big day?

tomorrow

If I make it that far!!

Yes the Hudl is purple & if she can read books on it then she can leave the laptop and the Kindle behind when she goes away for the weekend as the weight of them both is silly (but apparently essential)

Oh tomorrow.......hence the gulp at the decorations not having arrived!! Will keep fingers crossed!

If they don't you could always say there's a nice surprise waiting for her at the weekend(presumably will definitely be there by then!!)

I'm ashamed to say that, although I have made a number of cakes for my dd's birthday, I did once order a ballet shoes cake from a commercial company. It was very realistic and even had ribbons. I didn't try to pass it off as my own handiwork, though. The cake itself didn't taste that nice (you know what most bought cakes taste like) but at the age that my dd was children don't notice that type of thing and are more impressed by the look and decoration of the cake.