Tring parks classical ballet academy

balletmum20

It was a yes for my dd; she tried a few years ago and got a no. If it helps, the envelope was A5 brown but felt thicker than one sheet because there were 3 other pieces of paper in with it.

Big hugs to the "no" letters but don't despair.

Happymoocow, are there any extra Ballet classes your dd could take at her local school? Sounds like she's very talented at Jazz. :-)

• Like 15

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the yes's! Commiserations to the no's, keep trying, I know a couple of people who have had no's then have got a place the next time round.

The standard is very high at the Classical Academy and places are very few and far between. Demand is high and many of the girls (and boys) are also on other Associate programmes, to get a place is a big achievement. 

Spanner, what group will your daughter be in?

Thanks. Dds not too disappointed, she's v pragmatic and knew the chances were low.

Will consider the Sat associates scheme for next year, I'm presuming its much easier to get into? The advantage is also that she can try tap which she's been wanting to do for a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No not had classes since assessments and not quite sure of the format as DD joined the CBA half way through the summer term last year thus missing assessments. You may be right though, could be at next class which unfortunately clashes with All England regionals for my DD, so we could be in for a long wait!

Hello Interested parent.  Could you possibly tell us in what format the appraisal result was?  Was it a brief letter or maybe some sort of report setting out strengths/weaknesses and areas to improve?  We are new to all of this too and curious to know what to expect. x

Of course AliKat. It was set out in a table with categories such as Allegro, Adage so each part of a structured ballet class plus a Flexibility category and then a Rating for each Category such as Excellent, Very Good, Needs Improvement etc with ticks in the relevant boxes. Plus I think there was a comments section at the end from the Director of CBA. I'm afraid this is all from memory and as said earlier may not be the same this year now that Mary has taken over.