Congratulations to Ashley Dean & Benjamin Ella

16 hours ago, capybara said:

(It seems rather a pity that this happy news was broken by guests rather than by the couple themselves.)

Congratulations and best wishes to Ashley and Ben.

Ashley has now posted up a photo of the wedding on her Instagram story, and has changed her IG name to 'ash_michelle_ella' so I guess that makes it doubly official!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sim said:

Ashley has now posted up a photo of the wedding on her Instagram story, and has changed her IG name to 'ash_michelle_ella' so I guess that makes it doubly official!

She appears to have two accounts (ash_michelle_dean for dance) and the one you mentioned above which has been active since Aug 2022. 

Just now, oncnp said:

She appears to have two accounts (ash_michelle_dean for dance) and the one you mentioned above which has been active since Aug 2022. 

So she has been referring to herself as 'Ella' for more than a year?  I didn't realise that!

20 minutes ago, Sim said:

So she has been referring to herself as 'Ella' for more than a year?  I didn't realise that!

You can change the name of the account at any time so she won't have set that name up a year ago, she also has her art account too

5 minutes ago, Rob S said:

You can change the name of the account at any time so she won't have set that name up a year ago, she also has her art account too

But she still hasn't changed the dance account name and the accounts have different posts. The only reason I mentioned it is someone upthread said it was a surprise. 

Anyway, congratulations to them. 

4 minutes ago, oncnp said:

But she still hasn't changed the dance account name and the accounts have different posts. The only reason I mentioned it is someone upthread said it was a surprise. 

As she is known professionally as Ashley Dean, I suspect she won't rename the dance account.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, capybara said:

Ashley is also a talented artist/designer. Another IG account of hers focuses on this: @amddesign_

Yes, I have a T-shirt that she designed that was a gift from my daughter a couple of years back, and she also has bought some of Ashley's drawings.

• Like 2

They were brave scheduling a wedding for mid-Nutcracker-run - unless it was a last minute decision to get married after they were both out injured! I gather all the photos on Instagram so far have only been on stories, so unfortunately aren't visible to those of us who don't have Instagram, but I hope it looked a nice occasion.

5 minutes ago, Sim said:

Yes, I know, which is why I pointed out that the change has come now that she is married!

Oh ok, I was talking about you asking if she'd called herself Ella for a year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

They were brave scheduling a wedding for mid-Nutcracker-run - unless it was a last minute decision to get married after they were both out injured! I gather all the photos on Instagram so far have only been on stories, so unfortunately aren't visible to those of us who don't have Instagram, but I hope it looked a nice occasion.

It did.  Ashley looked beautiful in her wedding dress, with a gorgeous bunch of flowers.  Ben looked very dapper in his wedding suit!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sim said:

It did.  Ashley looked beautiful in her wedding dress, with a gorgeous bunch of flowers.  Ben looked very dapper in his wedding suit!

I'll have to hope one of them makes a proper post of some of the photos at some point then, as I can see proper Instagram posts just not stories.

ETA: Thanks to a PM I've now seen a couple of the photos. Her dress & flowers were indeed lovely.

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnticaFiamma said:

coincidentally I hope someone will edit Akane Takada's Wikipedia page because it is a bit awkward it says she's dating Benjamin Ella)

the two events aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive 😉 (we live in modern times but yes, written with tongue in cheek) 

Edited by PeterS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

As she is known professionally as Ashley Dean, I suspect she won't rename the dance account.

Dean is her previous husbands family name though right.  

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

I don't follow Ashley myself so definitely didn't follow the small account which I think used to be private - but definitely not a surprise for those that follow that account as a quick peruse shows! I was mostly surprised because literally the day before I came across an interview she had given where she talked very openly about her marriage with her previous husband that wasn't that old - including previous difficulties, struggles with a dancing schedule and being a 'good wife', and plans to retire to focus on motherhood at some point (seemingly in a not that distant future).

She is a lovely dancer so hopefully she has found happiness! 

• Like 2

We have a beautiful  picture taken by @Rob Sfrom the 2021-22 RB Nutcracker season curtain calls when Ashley was Clara to Benjamin's Hans-Peter and holding hands as per their roles.  😀 I don't know how to bring the photo across;  am not even sure if I can, but if members look in the photo galleries here compiled by @zxDaveM or browse through last last year's Nutcracker thread, you'll see it. Very sweet. 

Congratulations to Ashley and Benjamin and look forward to seeing them dance again! 

25 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

We have a beautiful  picture taken by @Rob Sfrom the 2021-22 RB Nutcracker season curtain calls when Ashley was Clara to Benjamin's Hans-Peter and holding hands as per their roles.  😀 I don't know how to bring the photo across;  am not even sure if I can, but if members look in the photo galleries here compiled by @zxDaveM or browse through last last year's Nutcracker thread, you'll see it. Very sweet. 

Congratulations to Ashley and Benjamin and look forward to seeing them dance again! 

I don't know which one you were refering to but here's one from three different performances I saw

52577491587_53bcdbf0ba_b.jpg

• Like 6

Fabulous photo. And what’s interesting here is that Hans Peter wears his medal - but hasn’t the medal gone in the 2023 revival when H-P returns for the short final scenes? I think a medal fell off in Act 2 at one performance I saw but I don’t think any H-Ps wear their medals in the final scenes/curtain calls. I’ll try and post something on the Nutcracker thread.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 00:46, Rob S said:

51737515932_9541b8c2f2_b.jpg

Thanks @Rob S! Don't know if quoting an old reply is allowed but just to illustrate what I meant, it was the photo from this 11 Dec 2021 post you made (such great smiles) of the 10 Dec 2021 performance. The photo you've picked is beautiful too. Interesting that (as @JohnS observed) Benjamin wears his medal in one but not in the other; the medal is removed at most of the red runs after the shows I've attended too. 

7 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

Thanks @Rob S! Don't know if quoting an old reply is allowed but just to illustrate what I meant, it was the photo from this 11 Dec 2021 post you made

Oh sorry, I've just seen I posted from the wrong year although that now highlights the clear meddling with the medal over the last couple of years

36 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Oh sorry, I've just seen I posted from the wrong year although that now highlights the clear meddling with the medal over the last couple of years

No worries, Rob! Understandable given the great number of shows you've gone to and kindly posted photos for us from. 😀 👍 

Oh wow, so unexpected but so wonderful! 

I still thought she was with her former husband and he was with Takada. 

They looks lovely in the photos they posted, so elegant and in love. 

The biggest congrats to them, wish them a wonderful life together!