Time to say goodbye.

balletbean

Hi all, I just wanted to come on here to say goodbye to everyone before closing my account down. I joined this forum back in 2017 (if my memory serves me correctly) when my DD auditioned for post 16 training.  Through this forum I connected with a mum whose DD was also successfully offered a place. The girls shared accommodation throughout their 3yrs developing a strong bond that has seen them through many ups and downs along the way. As mums we’ve laughed and we’ve cried and celebrated together becoming good friends throughout this whole process, despite the distances between us. The girls graduated in the summer of 2021 and have been successfully employed as professional dancers since then. Due to the nature of her contracts it wasn’t possible until recently that I was able to book a trip to finally watch my daughter perform (which worked brilliantly as a surprise for her 21st). So the time came this last week, the distance was long the journey was tiring but it was all so well worth it. And yes, like all dance mums I didn’t forget to pack plenty of Kleenex😉 

So as my journey on this forum seems to be complete I couldn’t go without saying a goodbye to one and all. To thank you for your support and wealth of knowledge has been immeasurable. I wish you all the very best in your journey through all of this and with whichever path may lead.  ☺️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Please don't go, your posts have been so informative and enjoyable. This forum is not only about the training years. So few students become professional dancers it would be a great help if you can give us insight into what is happening in the world of employment, so we can follow their journey of your DD and friend.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So sorry to see you go @balletbean.

What I would suggest is to leave your account open, because you may have reason to back in the future. Maybe you will take up ballet yourself and post on your own behalf instead of your dd's! Or have dancing grand babies (I know that seems really improbable right now).

I'm so happy for you that you got to see your professional dancer dance.

Au Revoir.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the above,

I wish to thank you for info on not just NBS threads but also other subjects too. I think without past, present & future parents/carers others may not get the help & info requested. So glad to hear your daughter is now enjoying her journey & doing what she has trained for. My daughter started her 3rd & final year yesterday, don't really know where the last 2 years have gone but have had some really good advice from this forum & hope might be able to help others too. 

Mj

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, glowlight said:

What I would suggest is to leave your account open, because you may have reason to back in the future. Maybe you will take up ballet yourself and post on your own behalf instead of your dd's! Or have dancing grand babies (I know that seems really improbable right now).

Au Revoir.

Agree - I sometimes think my DS was at school too long ago for me to make sensible contributions - but you and I  are, I hope, able to offer a different perspective from "the other side."  DS and I  always agreed that if he was still dancing professionally at 25 he would have beaten the system, having spent as many years dancing as he did training.  Proud to say at 26 he is still as in love with ballet as ever, and we've been on an almighty journey across strange parts of Europe and beyond.

I've loved hearing your daughter's journey, and it sounds as if it is far from over.   Keep the account open!

Meadowblythe

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, glowlight said:

Au Revoir.

Aww bless you. I hung my dance shoes up more years ago than I can recall. I thought those days had left me but when the company invited me to have photos with them they all asked afterwards if I had danced in the past due to my posture and foot position. So sweet. 😊😅 xx 

Thank you for your kind words. I shall leave my account open. Happy to respond to private messages if I can be of any help with my experience as a parent of post grad audition process outside of ballet companies but won’t actively be following the forum if that makes sense. 
@Fiz@Ballet4Boyz

@Streetdancer, @Pixiewoo@meadowblythe, @Pas de Quatre
@Mjdb I wish your daughter all the best. 3rd yr is amazing. Just remember those Kleenex. Xx 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 7

I echo everyone else’s thoughts, @balletbean - you, @meadowblythe, and all our other kind forum members who have stayed around after their children have left school - or even stopped dancing - are an invaluable source of help, and the voices of experience that are so useful to those with children just starting out on the ballet journey.  

We do hope you stick around. 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1