ROH Summer Season 2023

Guest oncnp

Guest oncnp
7 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

Isn't it tomorrow at 9am???? .... Just checked .... It appears to be - 

View priority booking dates
General: 13 April 2023, 9am
Friends: 14 March 2023, 9am

Thank you!! Of course you're right. Tripped up by Daylight Savings time. We moved our clocks yesterday.

Mods - could you remove my inaccurate post please?

Edited by oncnp

Gosh, it doesn't pay to accidentally turn up on the website 30 minutes after Friends booking opens......no SCS left for any mixed bill or Australian Ballet performance!!🤦‍♂️

I did at least get some Carlos at 50 tickets!!

Do they hold a selection of SCS places back for the general public?

38 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Gosh, it doesn't pay to accidentally turn up on the website 30 minutes after Friends booking opens......no SCS left for any mixed bill or Australian Ballet performance!!🤦‍♂️

I did at least get some Carlos at 50 tickets!!

Do they hold a selection of SCS places back for the general public?

Yes, and a few for Friday Rush (and a couple of balcony standing).  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I feel a bit frustrated with the booking system at the moment not for going wrong as such but for showing for weeks now that there are the “last few places” left £18-£42 for the RBS show on 16th July. However whenever you go into the seating map there are no seats available!! Can they just put sold out now!! But it’s annoying thinking there just might be some seats when there are not. 

• Like 4

For it to happen that one time you look I agree that it’s not yet paid for but I get the same price range available every time I look  too. Must be a glitch 

Edited by Rob S

3 hours ago, LinMM said:

I feel a bit frustrated with the booking system at the moment not for going wrong as such but for showing for weeks now that there are the “last few places” left £18-£42 for the RBS show on 16th July. However whenever you go into the seating map there are no seats available!! Can they just put sold out now!! But it’s annoying thinking there just might be some seats when there are not. 

When this happens, it’s sometimes because those particular seats are only available to people who are on the Access List. i.e. They only show up if an Access List member signs in to the website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear now I’ve another gripe! 
After the lovely LBC trip on Wednesday to see RBS upper school students in class and rehearsal have decided perhaps I should book Holland Park just in case don’t get to main stage show. 
But when I go into booking it appears you have to be a member to book 🤔

But at this time in the year I don’t want to pay £75 ( it runs from Sept to Sept) 

So 1) does anybody know when you can book if not a member?

2) Is it a good sight line to sit in rows A-C as was wondering about the rake there. It’s at least 22 years since been to Holland Park roughly coinciding with when moved to Brighton!!! 
Many thanks if anyone can answer these questions. 

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

After the lovely LBC trip on Wednesday to see RBS upper school students in class and rehearsal have decided perhaps I should book Holland Park just in case don’t get to main stage show. 
But when I go into booking it appears you have to be a member to book 🤔

But at this time in the year I don’t want to pay £75 ( it runs from Sept to Sept) 

So 1) does anybody know when you can book if not a member?

2) Is it a good sight line to sit in rows A-C as was wondering about the rake there. It’s at least 22 years since been to Holland Park roughly coinciding with when moved to Brighton!!! 
Many thanks if anyone can answer these questions. 

Public booking is open on the OHP website.  I've just gone through the whole booking process (up to payment) without being signed in and it was fine.

There is no rake in rows A-C (those rows are on the ground level).  The stage is elevated and I doubt the RBS will be using the apron that goes round the orchestra. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Remember that the Upper School are also performing in the Linbury in June (June 20 & 21)

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/festival/next-generation-festival-2023-dates

• Like 1

Yes I’ve got tickets for the Linbury already! 
I just thought I haven’t been to Holland Park for yonks so perhaps give it a go as well…so no doubt rain and rail strikes that day lol!! Am thinking of going on the Thursday at mo.

Thankyou BBB will have another go! 

Edited by LinMM

Have now successfully booked for the Thursday evening at Holland Park!! 
Went for a row G in the end. 
Now need to do a recce of the Park itself as about 12-15 years since been there either. Last time I was there in the day time I saw Ruby Wax who was with a friend and their young children who are no doubt all grown up now!! 

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

(I was in awe reading a review of a Neumeier gala the other day that apparently lasted 5 hours!)

That's the Nijinksy Gala, Dawnstar, and has lasted that long for years.  Next year's is the last under Neumeier's leadership and is scheduled to be six hours in length.  I've always enjoyed those I've attended - and the much appreciated guest participants. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bruce Wall said:

That's the Nijinksy Gala, Dawnstar, and has lasted that long for years.  Next year's is the last under Neumeier's leadership and is scheduled to be six hours in length.  I've always enjoyed those I've attended - and the much appreciated guest participants. 

I'd love to see a gala that long, or at least I would as long as they had several loo breaks! I can't imagine any being held in London though, as galas in the UK seem to only run about half that length at most.