Elmhurst 16th audition letters are out!

atacrossroads

well done! Unfortunatly my dd recieved a 'No' :( but she has picked herself up and is working hard on her next audition in December.

It is quite strange but no-one she knows from her audition group/school got a 'yes' so a super well done to those that did!!

T

• Like 2

well done to everyone who got a yes :D ..... and I repeat Spannerandpony's quote: Hugs to those with a "no". Remember it's just a "not today", not a "never". Does anyone know about yr 9 places ??? :unsure: I have a friend who's DD auditioned on 16th ??

Edited by hoobydigger
  • Like 2

Well done to the yeses and hugs to the nos. Can't believe it's 12 months since our journey began, dd enjoying every minute of being a Elmhurst and living her dream.

Good luck for the finals, but whatever happens enjoy the experience it's only one direction and if it's not a final yes maybe it just means your dancing route is a different one or you've arrived just a little too early. You're probably where you are today cos of a great teacher and she'll still be there for you.My dd tried several routes one she missed out on getting reserve place which never materialised and another she believed wasn't for her, but she wouldn't swap where she is now for anything and but she'd have happily stayed with her dance teacher and carried on working hard and enjoying all the experiences she got there and she did get loads from festivals, panto, ISTD awards in both ballet and modern and she even danced in the Nutcracker with the Northern Ballet, school shows, so going away can be a sacrifice as well as dream. Don't ever stop believing in yourself dance from your heart and your love of dance will shine through.

• Like 8

Have had a txt off my friend .... Her DD was a no for a yr9 place :( ..... Just a waiting game now, she has been to Hammond today for audition .... Will just have to wait for that letter now ..... She was offered a non funded boarding place at Tring so not sure what path she will take at this stage ..... Tick tock

Hi all,

Could anyone who's DD/DS's have done the Yr 7 interview & academic tests please advise me as I've got an anxious 10yr old who's thinking all sorts! what sort of questions are they asked, whats in the test, are they hard etc etc?

Thanks in advance... :)

Hi all,

Could anyone who's DD/DS's have done the Yr 7 interview & academic tests please advise me as I've got an anxious 10yr old who's thinking all sorts! what sort of questions are they asked, whats in the test, are they hard etc etc?

Thanks in advance... :)

Hi there Tippy_Toes

Please tell your dc not to worry - it is all about the dance potential (as seen in the dance class which takes place in the school theatre for finals and the related physio). There is no interview at Elmhurst and the academic tests are along the lines of standard grammar school entrance exams and have no bearing on the outcome of a place being offered. You can buy practise packs for the type of academic tests sat at Elmhurst if that will help allay fears or you can find some free samples online. Not sure if they did the full range of tests (ie verbal non verbal English and ,maths) - I will ask DD when she calls tonight.

Good luck for finals - hope you can both relax and enjoy the day as Elmhurst is a really lovely welcoming school.xx

• Like 3

Hi angela_stapleton

Thank you so much for the above info. I'll have a look at the weekend & try to find a few on line test papers that may help. My DD is so relieved that there's no interview, as that was what she was most worried about!

Many Thanks :) xx

Hi balletjack,

It's such a scary thought attending an interview as an adult let alone a 10yr old! My DD definitley seems more relaxed now & is really looking forward to the finals! - Good luck to your DD as well x

Edited by Tippy_Toes

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about the 'no' letters-some of you will know we have had our share of those in the past but dd has kept trying and is enjoying some yeses now which is lovely-so don't give up if it's what you want!!

Just had a yes to Elmhurst 6th form finals

swe x

• Like 8