In the centre:

Sautés in 1st, 2nd and changements

Galops with spring points

Temps levés

Arabesque

Improvisation

Hamstring and back stretches

Splits

Elmhurst was similar except they asked them to hold battements lents for 20 seconds in each position in the centre, and they did pirouettes.

Tring was a much more complex class, involving pirouettes from the corner and developpés in the centre.

• Like 2

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/02/2022 at 14:31, Noideaaboutballet said:

Has anyone heard anything about the RBS’s reaction to the Red weather warning tomorrow? DH is concerned that we shouldn’t go! 🥴🥴

Hope you got there ok @Noideaaboutballet   and DD enjoyed it. 

We were in Manchester yesterday and there were much fewer girls than I expected. DD enjoyed it. She said the panel was made up of Mark Annear, Chris Powney and another former AD so it was an amazing opportunity. Almost like finals but just not at WL. 

Disappointingly they told the girls that they’d either hear today or Monday. Today hasn’t materialised and I think it’s a shame that they said that and are leaving them hanging over the weekend. 

We’re not expecting a yes at all at this stage but it would be great to know either way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SJBallet said:

Hope you got there ok @Noideaaboutballet   and DD enjoyed it. 

We were in Manchester yesterday and there were much fewer girls than I expected. DD enjoyed it. She said the panel was made up of Mark Annear, Chris Powney and another former AD so it was an amazing opportunity. Almost like finals but just not at WL. 

Disappointingly they told the girls that they’d either hear today or Monday. Today hasn’t materialised and I think it’s a shame that they said that and are leaving them hanging over the weekend. 

We’re not expecting a yes at all at this stage but it would be great to know either way. 

Wow , the main man Powney made a show! Perhaps the many criticisms of the last few years when he has been absent at many key U.K. finals auditions (certainly for RBS US) have hit home....I see that as a very positive thing. Good luck to those on this journey....remember that ‘full time’ is not necessarily the be all end all....

Keep the Love first & foremost! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

In London, it was José Caryol, Mark Annear and Hope Keelan. I’d like to think the panel would be the same across all the centres at this strange to ensure consistency. 

Hope Keelan only retired at Christmas and is already back ! She is teaching the year 7 boys till the Summer and sitting on auditions panels and assessment panels ! Can’t keep away 😂

• Like 2

I’m assuming later in the day - the last group on Friday was at 3pm I believe. 

Who knows, I’m constantly surprised by RBS 😂 we went out for dinner to celebrate tonight as wanted to reinforce to DD that we didn’t care about the results either way. She says she’ll be fine if it’s a No so hopefully we just move on if that’s the end of it. Sure she’ll be a little sad but i’m hoping it’s short-lived. Life lessons and all that… 

• Like 6

I remember my parents gave us gifts when we had finished taking important exams (11 plus and O levels spring to mind) - not when the results came out.  I think its is great to celebrate the effort (which you have control over) rather than the result (which you really don't)! 

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I’m assuming later in the day - the last group on Friday was at 3pm I believe. 

Who knows, I’m constantly surprised by RBS 😂 we went out for dinner to celebrate tonight as wanted to reinforce to DD that we didn’t care about the results either way. She says she’ll be fine if it’s a No so hopefully we just move on if that’s the end of it. Sure she’ll be a little sad but i’m hoping it’s short-lived. Life lessons and all that… 

This post made me smile as we did exactly that when my daughter made finals at WL.. took her for an expensive lovely meal In Richmond to celebrate her achievement getting that far before we moved to Scotland……&  yeah went back there 5 years later on her last day when she left WL😂🤣

• Like 9