RB Nutcracker Winter 2020/21

2 hours ago, prs59 said:

I don’t think that Christmas is cancelled. Most people, including myself, have sadly had to cancel or rethink their people, places and plans for the Christmas period due to a global pandemic. This is indeed unfortunate and I wish that things were different. Nevertheless there is still much joy to be found in discovering new things, doing things differently or in doing things that I never had time for in previous years. 
[...]

Just as COVID doesn’t recognise Christmas, Christmas isn’t cancelled due to COVID. It It may not be what I anticipated, but Christmas is still Christmas and will happen as always on December 25th. 
Merry Christmas one and all 🔔 🎄 🎁 🩰 

Indeed it will.  Perhaps with this pared-down Christmas, without the associated distractions, we'll be able to concentrate on what's really important about the festival.

• Like 3

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, prs59 said:

... Christmas is still Christmas and will happen as always on December 25th. 

Indeed, prs59...and for we of the Eastern Orthodox variety - on 7 January. 😉 Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays to all! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prs59 said:

I don’t think that Christmas is cancelled. Most people, including myself, have sadly had to cancel or rethink their people, places and plans for the Christmas period due to a global pandemic. This is indeed unfortunate and I wish that things were different. Nevertheless there is still much joy to be found in discovering new things, doing things differently or in doing things that I never had time for in previous years. 
E.g. I was going to feed on ROH Nuts as a part of my Christmas celebrations. Instead I have the opportunity to feast on a Global Mixed Nut Selection from around the world. Not the same, but it will be equally enjoyable if I allow myself to enjoy it.

Just as COVID doesn’t recognise Christmas, Christmas isn’t cancelled due to COVID. It It may not be what I anticipated, but Christmas is still Christmas and will happen as always on December 25th. 

Well it won’t be happening for people who are alone, lonely and isolated.  There are many people who won’t be getting all these positives this year.  I am lucky because I am not one of them, but I do know many who are.  It’s them I will be thinking of on the 25th.  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and in whatever way possible.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sim said:

Well it won’t be happening for people who are alone, lonely and isolated.  There are many people who won’t be getting all these positives this year.  I am lucky because I am not one of them, but I do know many who are.  It’s them I will be thinking of on the 25th.  Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and in whatever way possible.  

Millions of us will be alone on the 25th. Knowing that brings a sense of solidarity and even comfort, to me and I hope to others.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, bridiem said:

Millions of us will be alone on the 25th. Knowing that brings a sense of solidarity and even comfort, to me and I hope to others

Agree. One silver lining of Covid that I hope will last is the increased empathy we feel towards each other. In truth, many people are alone for Christmas every year.  

Maybe it is a blessing not to take anything for granted, including the comfort of being with loved ones. Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope the new year brings us health and joy 🎄

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Those waiting for a stream refund are going to have to wait a bit longer.....

E-mail from the ROH

Thank you for your patience as we continue to process refund options for the cancelled stream of The Nutcracker. We are experiencing some technical issues with our third-party providers for ROH Stream which unfortunately means we are no longer able to automatically process your refund.

We expect this to be resolved within the next few weeks at which point you will receive an update via email with your refund options.

Thank you for bearing with us and please accept our apologies for the delay.