Royal Ballet School Spring Intensive 2020 is cancelled

AdageKitty

I feared it would be. Hard to take in the News and having to tell DS later 😭. Their communication has been exemplary and they took action immediately from February asking people to self-isolate. I am even more in awe of this school and feel sad we might not get another chance to attend. Hope Summer is still on.

24 minutes ago, Stellar said:

White Lodge or Upper School?

UK Spring is only White Lodge (max age 15 I think) Summer both 

So so sad for all those disappointed dancers....I do so hope they get another Royal experience opportunity again very soon xx

Edited by Peanut68
Add
  • Like 3

I really hope they don't cancel JA auditions, my DD has been looking forward to them for 2 years since her teacher told her she should do them! I wonder if they would consider other selection methods rather than group auditions e.g. video? It's harder in younger ones though as I think a lot of the selection process is seeing how they respond to what they are asked to do, rather than looking at technical ability. 

13 minutes ago, AdageKitty said:

Hope they can do an Autumn intensive during the half term for all those that has yeses for the Spring Intensive. 

So sorry for all those who were looking forward to it in April. 

Yes, that could be a happy & fair recompense - hope something like that happens for those sadly losing out x

54 minutes ago, Rocco said:

That would be a good compromise Millicent. I think so much of it is about physique at this stage that video/ photos could suffice if it absolutely came to it. 

Oh my word the poor panel! Imagine watching every video individually. I can’t imagine they would do this. Hopefully it will all be back to some sort of normal by May, though.

24 minutes ago, balletbean said:

If the cancellation is related to current events concerning health, then it’s Interesting to know that MoveIt is taking place this weekend after receiving advice from the UK Gov and given the go-ahead. 

I suspect they had students from across the globe attending the spring intensive and they will be sharing bedrooms and all facilities. They also will be needing to protect their international students who may be going to guardians over the Easter holiday and then returning to school. Will be difficult for them if school is closed due to staff shortages due to illness or quarantine. 
When Dd has been involved at Move It impression was most UK based attendees. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Millicent said:

I really hope they don't cancel JA auditions, my DD has been looking forward to them for 2 years since her teacher told her she should do them! I wonder if they would consider other selection methods rather than group auditions e.g. video? It's harder in younger ones though as I think a lot of the selection process is seeing how they respond to what they are asked to do, rather than looking at technical ability. 

I notice RBS promoting JA auditions on their insta page today so looks like they’re going ahead for the moment. Fingers crossed anyway as my DD would be so sad not to have a go.