Waiting for Exam Results!

EverHopeful

Hello, 

has anyone else just sat an exam and impatiently awaiting the results?! I’m an adult student and I’ve just done my RAD Grade 5. Having achieved a high Merit in my grade 4, I’ve been pulling out all the stops to try scrape into the Distinction category this time! I do think it went very well - I was much more prepared this time and I didn’t mess anything up majorly or get overly nervous either. I think I might *just* have done it, but you never know how your performance was perceived by the examiner on the day. Aaaargh I can’t wait to find out my results. 

I’ve worked so hard, I’ll be so disappointed if I haven’t achieved the mark I want. 

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DeveloppeD said:

Hello, 

has anyone else just sat an exam and impatiently awaiting the results?! I’m an adult student and I’ve just done my RAD Grade 5. Having achieved a high Merit in my grade 4, I’ve been pulling out all the stops to try scrape into the Distinction category this time! I do think it went very well - I was much more prepared this time and I didn’t mess anything up majorly or get overly nervous either. I think I might *just* have done it, but you never know how your performance was perceived by the examiner on the day. Aaaargh I can’t wait to find out my results. 

I’ve worked so hard, I’ll be so disappointed if I haven’t achieved the mark I want. 

Well done on your perseverance. 

Results usually take 6 weeks. 

Summer examinations  are a pain as the results arrive during the 2nd week of August approximately slap bang in the middle of the school summer holidays. 

DD took her RAD Adv1 on Friday. And yup the examiner and the pianist were melting. The girls kept going but stood in front the fan between exercises !! Hoping for compassion in the results.😉

If your studio is closed for the summer speak to your teacher of how results are communicated. 

ie. posted in the window or you have to email the school. Invariably if it’s via email you will just receive P/M or D. Marks are then announced in the new term when the certificates and mark sheets are distributed. 

Good Luck 🙆‍♀️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, balletbean said:

If your studio is closed for the summer speak to your teacher of how results are communicated. 

I believe they are emailed when they arrive and then certificates are given out in class in the next term. I will be obsessively staring at my emails no doubt. 😬 

Wow Adv1 - fingers crossed your DD gets the results she wants as well 🤞🏻 Xx

8 minutes ago, DeveloppeD said:

I believe they are emailed when they arrive and then certificates are given out in class in the next term. I will be obsessively staring at my emails no doubt. 😬 

Wow Adv1 - fingers crossed your DD gets the results she wants as well 🤞🏻 Xx

Good Luck but still so frustrating to play the waiting game. 

Thank you. She’s not too sure because it was so very hot and they struggled but kept smiling. Hoping the examiner felt worse than they did and they think she did. Lol. 😉🤞🏼🙆‍♀️🥰

21 minutes ago, balletbean said:

Good Luck but still so frustrating to play the waiting game. 

Thank you. She’s not too sure because it was so very hot and they struggled but kept smiling. Hoping the examiner felt worse than they did and they think she did. Lol. 😉🤞🏼🙆‍♀️🥰

Was this Manchester balletbean? 

Ooh, @balletbean can I ask a Manchester question? Where does the examiner and pianist sit in relation to the barres? Which side of the room etc? My dd and her friend are there next week but no one from their school has used that centre before so they don’t know the layout. 

Yes, and then the long wait for the results. At least they’re not LAMDA, they take forever!!

5 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Ooh, @balletbean can I ask a Manchester question? Where does the examiner and pianist sit in relation to the barres? Which side of the room etc? My dd and her friend are there next week but no one from their school has used that centre before so they don’t know the layout. 

Yes, and then the long wait for the results. At least they’re not LAMDA, they take forever!!

Happy to ask my DD but I’m not too sure if it’s the same studio in Manchester that your DD will be using. 

I can sympathise with you on LAMDA  😉

10 minutes ago, Jen51 said:

In the past we’ve been in the one up the narrow stairs near the changing room, not sure if they use more than one studio 

I have messaged my DD but she’s currently not online. Obviously enjoying her weekend too much 😉😂

we have exams this week and there is never any communication of results until the child is seen in that class again so it will be September for my daughters regardless of when results come in. Always makes the first day back a bit nerve wracking.

15 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

I believe they always use that studio. Piano is just inside the door, so left front. The examiner sits in front of the long wall with windows  so the space is wider than it is deep. When I took my exam there the barre we used was the one on the left hand wall when facing front. It's a really nice studio and has a good floor, nicely sprung and neither too sticky nor too slippy.

Edited by The_Red_Shoes
  • Like 1

My teacher always phones or texts me as soon as she gets the result, although I believe she only does this for adults and the oldest classes (small groups). She doesn't inform the younger classes immediately. This latest exam I got the actual mark and mark breakdown immediately and didn't need to wait for the printout with the certificate - possibly the results are communicated in more detail now with the RAD's new system.

I’ve now been over it all in my head many (many!!) times and keep remembering little things that could have been a bit better. I’ve made a results prediction for myself for each of the sections - it’ll be really interesting to see how close the real ones are to it. And if my perceived relative strengths/weaknesses are the same as assessed by the examiner. 

On 30/06/2019 at 17:13, DeveloppeD said:

Hello, 

I sat RAD Discovering Rep Level 2 Class & Variation 1 units (2 separate exams) on the 2nd June we got the results on the 26th June (3 & a bit weeks) so I guess that's about the length of the current turn around, fingers crossed they come swiftly & are what you want ❤️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sophie_rebecca said:

I sat RAD Discovering Rep Level 2 Class & Variation 1 units (2 separate exams) on the 2nd June we got the results on the 26th June (3 & a bit weeks) so I guess that's about the length of the current turn around, fingers crossed they come swiftly & are what you want ❤️ 

Ooh what did you get for them? I’m hoping to learn that syllabus too at some point. Did you do the variation on pointe? Xx

6 minutes ago, DeveloppeD said:

Ooh what did you get for them? I’m hoping to learn that syllabus too at some point. Did you do the variation on pointe? Xx

No Pointe as there’s no point 🤣 there’s no extra marks for pointe work & only the chance to lose them for poor work.

we both got Distinctions in the class exam & merits in the variation, I threw my fan at the examiner 🤣 never dropped it on a year of class then 1 min into the piece whoosh off it went! 🤣

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sophie_rebecca said:

No Pointe as there’s no point 🤣 there’s no extra marks for pointe work & only the chance to lose them for poor work.

we both got Distinctions in the class exam & merits in the variation, I threw my fan at the examiner 🤣 never dropped it on a year of class then 1 min into the piece whoosh off it went! 🤣

Hilarious. Well done for excellent results 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can find the results date for each exam session in a document  called Dates in the Examinations section of the RAD website - that is,  you could on the old version of the website. The new look website seems to be lacking half the information that was on the old site, or at least I can't find it.

1 hour ago, Balletlife4me said:

Anyone think they might come early? 

Fingers crossed! It’s happened before, by a day or two 🤞🏻

Losing my mind now. I’ve replayed the exam a hundred times in my head. Sometimes I think I’ve done really well, other times I think I’ve messed it up. I just want to know if my efforts have paid off or not 😭😍

2 hours ago, NeverTooOld said:

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now but this is my first post! I'm also nervously waiting for results - good luck to everyone :)

Welcome to the forum! Which exam did you sit? Finger crossed for us all! 

I did RAD grade 6 ballet. It's been about 30 years since I last did a ballet exam so it feels weird having no kind of bench mark! I've been back doing ballet for a few years now as an adult and wanted to get back into exams as it is nice to have goals to work towards. Keeping everything crossed for us all too!

• Like 5

I just wanted to say hello, welcome and good luck, Never Too Old, from another Not Too Old dancer. I didn't dance for 25 years and came back just a couple of years ago. I passed Grade 6 earlier this year. I'm working on Grade 7 now. Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 2