Where is the best place to get first pointe shoe fitting in London?

EmmaDancer

Hello EmmaDancer and welcome to the Forum!

I have moved your post to the more appropriate Doing Dance forum and added a couple of tags.  If you click on them you will find loads of previous threads with all sorts of information about pointe shoes.

Here's an old thread that lists shops around the Covent Garden area.  I think the general advice is to try as many as possible to get the best pointe shoe for you.  If this is your first pair does your teacher have any advice to give you?

Dancia stocks many different brands.

• Like 2

Not always practical but we were advised to try as many shops as possible. Bloch, Dancia, Capezio and Freed are all within walking distance of each other. I believe you need to make appointments in all but Freed which operates on a walk-in basis.

• Like 3

I would go to Dancia, Freed and Bloch.  For a first fitting in Freed I would phone the shop first and ask if Beth, Sophie or Jade are in and can you please see one of them. 

It's worth going to all three shops and after fitting, asking them to hold any suitable pairs for an hour or two so you can compare different brands. 

• Like 6

They are; all three ladies are hugely experienced and fit Principals from all over the world.  I believe Beth (Chivers) is Store Manager, Sophie Simpson is Senior Fitter and Jade is also excellent.  You may not get Beth as she's always massively busy so it's definitely worth phoning to see if any of the three are in. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dancemom2 said:

Freed told me (last summer) that they don't carry the very narrow sizes in the store.  They had to send shoes for my DD directly from their warehouse.

Given the variety of options freed offer it's perhaps unsuprising  they end up doing this.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicola H said:

Given the variety of options freed offer it's perhaps unsuprising  they end up doing this.  

Yes, but it made it impossible to get a fitting in the store.  DD had hoped that by visiting the mother ship, she would finally have options to the "off-the-rack" Freed she wears.  It was disappointing to be told they don't carry any shoes at all in her width so she shouldn't bother going in.

• 2 weeks later...