Russian Ballet Icons, Coliseum 25th February 2018

Can't seem to find an existing thread for this. But here is the casting so far:

Maria Alexandrova (Bolshoi Theatre), Roman Belyakov (Mariinsky Theatre), Sergio Bernal (Ballet Nacional de España), Audric Bezard (Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris), Federico Bonelli (The Royal Ballet), Maria Eichwald (Stuttgart Ballet), Dorothée Gilbert (Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris), David Hallberg (ABT/The Royal Ballet), Francesca Hayward (The Royal Ballet), Maria Sascha Khan, Nadia Khan (Teatro dell’Opera di Roma), Kim Kimin (Mariinsky Theatre), Ekaterina Kondaurova (Mariinsky Theatre), Vladislav Lantratov (Bolshoi Theatre), Julian McKay (Mikhailovsky Theatre), Nicholas McKay, Olesya Novikova (Mariinsky Theatre), Natalia Osipova (The Royal Ballet), Artem Ovcharenko (Bolshoi Theatre), Xander Parish (Mariinsky Theatre), Guiseppe Picone (Teatro di San Carlo), Dmitry Semionov (Semperoper Dresden Ballett), Polina Semionova (Staatsballett Berlin), Anna Tikhomirova (Bolshoi Theatre), Jacopo Tissi (Bolshoi Theatre), Stanislaw Wegrzyn (The Royal Ballet) and Sae Maeda (The Royal Ballet) 

• Like 2

Thank you for the information. I am not particularly fond of galas, I would much more prefer to see Maria Alexandrova invited to appear in any one of major works with the Royal Ballet, ENB, BRB, etc. Artistic Directors and impresarios should be lining up now to sign her up for a guest appearance. Why they aren't? Lack of vision? Stifled by their company policies? trade unions? Whatever the reasons, this is a disservice for the ballet going public at large.

• Like 4

On 05/01/2018 at 17:40, Don Q Fan said:

Sounds a great line up and possibly bigger than before. However I will not expect everyone named to be at the show there's usually a few that miss it. However this is stellar! 

This is the thing. I would gladly pay to see Alexandrova and Kondaurova in anything but I have the worst luck when it comes to people dropping out of things I have paid for!

21 hours ago, SheilaC said:

I booked on Friday. Was shocked at the prices but delighted that there is a 20% concession for the elderly.

Hi, SheilaC! When I bought my ticket for this Gala at the ENO box office long time ago, a 20% concession has not been offered to me. Now I checked the website and could not see any notice about a 20% concession. Could you kindly provide a link to this notice. Thanking you in advance.

Edited by Amelia
mistype
  • Like 2

Sorry Amelia I can't provide a link as I booked in person and the box office adviser had to check with her supervisor as she wasn't sure the accuracy of what she read on screen. Unfortunately it's not usually possible to claim back a concession or reduction after one has bought the tickets. Often extra concessions seem to be introduced after sales have started: when I got my tickets for the ENB winter season there didn't seem to be a reduction for booking more than one production at the same time but I have a feeling that  a deal was introduced later- I may be wrong. I think I was lucky with the box office adviser last week, they vary in how helpful they are in seeking concessions, I generally ask them to check.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the gala tomorrow there will be fragments from Coppelia, Giselle, Swan Lake, Don Q., Le Corsaire and from ballets by Petit, Grigorovich, Duato and others.

Krysanova will dance in Le Corsaire, Tikhomirova & Ovcharenko in La Sylphide, while Alexandrova & Lantratov will dance twice -- pas de deux from Don Q. and a duet from "Nureyev".  http://tass.ru/kultura/4984288

Edited by Amelia
typo
  • Like 5

On 2/25/2018 at 08:41, capybara said:

Thank you, Amelia. I love the way that you keep us abreast of 'Russian' news.

Dear capybara, I would have loved to provide not only Russian news but on all other participants of the Gala but I saw the full list only yesterday while the news you referred to have been seen by me on the Russian TASS Agency website last Saturday.