How many hours dance a week do students do at vocational schools?

tinydancer

I think it depends entirely or the age of the dancer and the school they are at. For lower school students and those doing a levels, they also have to fit in academic studies as well as their amount of dancing. I'm sure other forum members have an idea as some have dcs at vocational schools.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies.

So a child who is not at vocational school would need to do 3 hrs a night after school plus Saturday classes to keep up!

I would be interested to know how many non vocational kids are successful in securing places at upper schools.

I think once children 'get into the swing' of the extra hours at vocational school they soon catch up with the others who have been used to it.My daughter would have loved to do more hours dancing before she started at senior vocational school.It was not possible financially for us to allow her more lessons or logistically to apply for associate classes.

When there are other children in the family to consider it restricts what can be done, to make it fair and not cause jealousy!

• Like 2

I think once children 'get into the swing' of the extra hours at vocational school they soon catch up with the others who have been used to it.My daughter would have loved to do more hours dancing before she started at senior vocational school.It was not possible financially for us to allow her more lessons or logistically to apply for associate classes.

When there are other children in the family to consider it restricts what can be done, to make it fair and not cause jealousy!