Royal Conservatoire Scotland Personal Statement

Pointytoes22

Thanks twiggy that is really helpful, not least as I had not taken in that it is a two stage audition process. All sounds very friendly and accomodating as well as relatively small group. I hope there is a london audition though which would help keep the costs down for us.

Hope you hear soon.

I have heard mention of a London audition 31st of this month. don't hold me to that though!

• Like 1

there is definitely a London audition on 31st January, and a second in February if they need it!  If in doubt, Kerry Livingstone is very approachable 

K.Livingstone@rcs.ac.uk

If you are considering for 6th form but younger, it is really worth attending the Easter or summer school, a lot of the current students stay and take class and you will get a good feel for the place, as most of the teachers are RCS teachers.

Thanks meadowblythe, do have had a dc there ?  If so, do you know if they have much academic /written work (presumably dance related) to do as part of the programme and is this side of the programme well supported?  I imagine they must have as a degree programme?  I am hoping the answer is yes as ideally (if accepted anywhere!) would like dd to keep up academic skills alongside dancing.

Thanks. We have just had an e-mail regarding the audition on the 31st, which starts at 9:30am in London. Anybody else attending? Also: has the RCS given feedback to those who attended in December in Glasgow yet? Has anybody been offered a place or the finals? Thanks.

I know some have had replies before Christmas and others are still waiting x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I also put in why I love to dance and want to train at RCS specifically. My last RAD exam and result, performing experiences and other things I've done (school dance captain and assisting at my dance school) that show my passion for dance and any other qualities that just show you to be a good and more importantly hardworking student that they would want to train. Having said that, I really don't think the personal statement makes that much of a difference. Of course they want it to be good and in a way demonstrates your English and essay writing capability which is necessary for the course. I finally decided to choose RCS where I'll be starting in 2 weeks, still unsure as to whether it was the right choice but I'll just have to make the most of it! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BadBallerina said:

I finally decided to choose RCS where I'll be starting in 2 weeks, still unsure as to whether it was the right choice but I'll just have to make the most of it! 

For what it’s worth, I think that once a decision has been made you have to believe that it is the right one. Don’t look back, no regrets. RCS is on my dd’s shortlist, so I will read any updates you post with great interest! Good luck! 

• Like 7

Out of interest, is there any detailed info anywhere on how many RCS dance grads get employment after graduating, and where? IIRC, last time I looked, the only information was about 2 or 3 of the male graduates.  Am I missing something?