Elmhurst Associates

New to dance

Hi everyone I am a newbie :) & am loving reading all the advice.

My yr5 daughter has applied for the Elmhurst auditions on 12th May in Birmingham & I posted the letter at the end of March, we haven't heard back from Elmhurst yet, is this normal or should I ring them up to ask if they received it?

RBS emailed to let us know within a couple of days which is why I am unsure.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi New to dance and welcome to the forum.

FYI, they will have been on school hols for the last fortnight so will prob get back to you this week or next when they've caught up. If you haven't heard anything by the end of next week, give them a call.

Cheers, A

• Like 2

I do know that Elmhurst email alot if their letters ,I applied in march for Sunderland and received an email not long after. I also received an email just the other day confirming audition times.

Edited by Amber4dancinstar

I only received my email on Monday for audtion this Saturday as closing date was only on 20th for Manchester and it does say they will contact with times only after the closing date- think for birmingham this was 30th April so will probably be next week before you get your time!

Results for Sunderland are out! My DD and DS have both been offered places in year 4 ! Celebrations in our house today ! : )

Edited by Amber4dancinstar
  • Like 7

Well done to your DD and DS! I'm supprised that you have your results already and we need to wait for the audition till 23rd of June! ( Birmingham, also year4). I thought that they wait with the results till the end of the last auditions like RBS does.

We got back a couple of hours ago & my dd had a fantastic time :)

All the Elmhurst people were so friendly & so were the other children, my dd said she would much rather get into the Elmhurst Associates than JA's (if she gets a choice...) as they were so lovely, so we have everything crossed :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if turning steps/skips or any turns are done at the Elmhurst JA auditions? My daughters did practise them at her ballet classes till the end of the last term but in summer term her teacher needed to cancel all classes so my daughter is not having a proper training this term ( bad luck just before the auditions :-( ) I think that this is the most tricky thing for her so just wonder is she needs to work on them or not ( probably in a park as there is no room at home ;-) )