New to dance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, New to dance.

My DD audition on 23 June but we still have no details from Elmhurst. Is it normal or should I worry about it and contact the school? We just got an email a long time ago to confirm that they received my DD application form.

I just realised that we have no directions/map/parking info etc for audition day. I guess that we need to go to the main school building, main entrance and then ask at the reception desk? I have never been to Elmhurst before. Hope there is a big car park.

There was a smallish car park at the top & more spaces to the left as you drive in, we didn't have a problem parking.

We just went in & asked at reception & then waited in a big area along side the reception area.

Good luck, my dd just got a no so is a bit sad at the moment :( but she had a great time auditioning.

We saw lots of little ones at Elmhurst today - hope they all enjoyed their audition experience and don't have to wait too long for (hopefully good) news! Just as our associate journey comes to an end, some lucky young children are about to start on theirs...... :)

• Like 4

My dd had a lovely time she came out smiling again...which was good to see after last week!! I have my fingers crossed so tight;) do you get letters or emails? Just wondered as I have only got emails so far!

Edited by grumpybearzuk
  • Like 1

Mine too grumpybearzuk! Although they seemed to come out early? I thought they were finishing at 3.45 and my dd was waiting at the reception desk for us!

What a lovely school and building, and dd was not as nervous as the RBS audition. The whole thing was much more relaxed in terms of what they could wear, as well.

Yes I thought that at JAs was a lot of number ordering but today they just huddled in a group and went in they didn't seem to be as many in a group too which might have put my dd at ease a bit!! It seemed to go quick as i was engrossed in my bejewelled on my phone and dd sneaked up on me ! Good luck to your little one Maria x

Edited by grumpybearzuk

Good luck to your dd too grumpybearzuk!, I still haven't told my dd about the RBS no letter!

Hoping that she won't ask about either of the audition results until much later - I'll be honest but wrap it up somehow?

Not sure how to break it to her?

Does everyone always let their DDs or DSs open/see the no letter? I just don't want her to get upset about something that I have taken her into.

Hi Maria to be honest I had a talk to her before we got the letter to prepare her for a no. I explained that they have a lot of girls to choose from and that they are looking at potential and body shapes at her age and that it just wasn't the right time . When I got the letter I sat her down gave her a cuddle and said it wasn't your time now sweetheart and you can try again if you want. We had some tears but to be honest later on in the day and after talking to her ballet teacher she was fine and has decided she wants to try next year. I was in twos minds to let her audition for both but I tjink it's worth giving it a shot xx oh and I let her see the letter later in day when she had calmed down and she wanted to read it

Edited by grumpybearzuk
  • Like 2

Thanks grumpybearzuk, sounds like you handled it really well. I think I'm going to wait until the elmhurst letter arrives and then do both in one go! I'll probably try and pick a moment when she has something lined up to distract/cheer her up etc. I haven't told her ballet teacher yet either, who hasn't asked about it yet as the results were going to be out in July. I'll have to do that too at some point!

I think Maria you have to go on your instincts of what to do and say. All children handle things differently and you know best how your little one will cope best . Unfortunately for me my dd didn't forget about it and every week asked if the letter had come!! Was going to wait till after elmhurst but all my dd wanted was to get in the royal and didn't want to go to elmhurst so I thought it best to break it to her that she didn't get in so she would give her best to elmhurst , and thankfully she loved it:) you will know what to do and say when you are ready xx

Edited by grumpybearzuk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...