Elmhurst Finals

tutugirl

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a lovely time - it is actually quite a relaxing day (it's the wait afterwards that's agonising!!)  and Elmhurst are wonderful at making everyone feel welcome. The year 7s are very excited about showing off their rooms (let's hope they're tidy!!) 

• Like 3

All the best to everyone for the finals. Exciting and nervewracking times .Savour the day.For parents who don't know the area who are at a loose end the MAC (Midlands Art Centre) is walking distance from school - a great place to eat and relax .Enjoy your tour - I wish those tidy rooms on show could make it home in the holidays.

• Like 1

When i asked at the prelim audition they said they currently had 20 MDS in place, but were hoping to get enough to fund every child in the future. Obviously that is for girls and boys !

Hi Tutugirl

It is my understanding that Elmhurst don't have a set number of places in each year group and this can and does vary - so in terms of available places I don't think there is an answer. If they want you I guess they will offer you a place and if needed have a jiggle around with the boarding arrangements! However, there is a set number of MDS awards available and I'm not sure how this works for children applying for years other than year 7. 

Hope both of your pupils have a wonderful day! 

Have a lovely time - it is actually quite a relaxing day (it's the wait afterwards that's agonising!!)  and Elmhurst are wonderful at making everyone feel welcome. The year 7s are very excited about showing off their rooms (let's hope they're tidy!!) 

The girls rooms looked lovely, & the little "Good Luck" messages they left on their beds were beautiful! :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A 'yes' for a yr 7 place for my DD! but we've decided to accept a yr 7 place at WL :)  - What an amazing but tense week!

Good luck if you're still waiting to hear! x

Edited by Tippy_Toes
  • Like 9