Elmhurst Finals

tutugirl

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they offer about 18 places knowing that they'll loose 5 or 6 to WL?  If they liase with WL before they offer, to see how many have had WL offers also, they'll pretty much know how many will turn them down and how many will accept I guess.

Ladies you are speculating.... They will only offer a place if they genuinely have them to offer. these are government funded scholarships, they won't offer extra places just in case some turn them down! It's my understanding, having two dancers at the school that its been some years since they offered 'non funded' places. Two years ago they did offer waiting list places and two girls were then offered places later in the summer off the waiting list. I have no idea if that happened last year. I do know of families where funded places were offered, but when it came to sorting out the finances, the families no longer qualified for MDS funding. These families then have to pay full fees. However at the beginning of each year they are offered the MDS place again should their financial circumstances have changed.

Hope this helps and best wishes to those still hoping for places.

nana lily

• Like 1

Just to clarify, they will offer a 'non funded' place to talented dancers who would not qualify for funding under MDS rules....children from abroad for example. Elmhurst has a an increasing number of international students who do not qualify for MDS funding. Having watched some of them in class they are of an extremely high calibre and very deserving of their places at the school.

• Like 3

Guest Autumn days

I believe that there are a few wait listed this year. The schools do not offer funded, unfunded or waiting list places to students that they don't thi k are suitable for training so some years are inevitably smaller than others!