Elmhurst Finals

tutugirl

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to theodore and plie and tippy toes! Wishing your DD all the best with Tring atacrossroads. Looks like you might be juggling one at WL and one at Elmhurst Plie? Really pleased for your son that he has a place too. Exciting!

Edited by Belljul
  • Like 1

Might be worth opening it and being prepared angel. Might be a waiting list place? I always wanted to be the bearer of the news whether good or bad. xxx and sorry to hear you are in hospital!

edited to add last bit

Edited by Belljul

Sorry to hear its a no Angel. We had the same situation when I auditioned my two Dd's for Ja's. the one that REALLY wanted it didn't get in and the one that wasn't that fussed got in! And now the one that wasn't fussed that got in is fussed beyond all belief and the one that REALLY wanted it has been totally put off and is now not fussed. Funny how things work out. I'm sure things work out for a reason. Xx

• Like 2

Congratulations Plié,

I hope your DS is pleased now after watching his sister celebrate last week. We were just discussing your situation here and it sounds like you've got some big decisions to make. Do you have any idea what you're going to do ? Will it be one at each school ? or is YDA still on the cards ? Have they been seperated at school before ?

We too had 'Yes' for our DD today but she has her heart and mind set on WL. I don't know how Elmhurst work their waiting lists etc. but it appears there may be a fair amount of duplication in offers so good luck to anyone who's still waiting.

• Like 4

So glad that the waiting is over , from a teachers perspective it is interesting , 2 talented pupils who reached the finals , one successful for year 8 , one not so for year 7 but I am equally proud of them both , and would encourage anyone with a 'no' letter to keep in mind that it only means 'not this time ' and to be inspired by other testimonies on this forum . It is evident that very little separates the finalists and all children should be really proud to have got so far .

• Like 10

Angel, I do hope you are feeling a little better. Don't think of it as anything having gone wrong for your dd, it may be that she just isn't ready YET. All children develop at a different rate, and it could be that your dd needs an extra year or so before she's ready for Vocational school. It's very hard to get a "no" letter but it certainly needn't be the end of the dream. :-)

Thanks Spannerandpony,

I'm no better, although out of hospital but thankfully little DD is doing fine. She's disappointed about Elmhurst but as only one of her JA class got in it has softened the blow considerably. No idea what has happened there as there are some very nice little dancers/ballet bodies in that group. I will probably start another topic on that. Little DD is So similar to her older sister 'not ready yet, is not something I would say about her. Maybe she should take a different direction or maybe we continue on the ballet route yet with all but one of the girls going to finals from Birmingham not getting places anywhere, the chance if an MA is about nil.

How to get the right training now?

Sorry to hear about your DD Angel. I do hear rumours that the new AD is sweeping through Elmhurst with a big broom and raising standards which is only a good thing. However from what I have heard, the Elmhust offers for year 7 and 6.1 are going mostly to the same people who have offers for RBS. Naturally they are all accepting RBS, so I do wonder if there will be anyone left to go to Elm? One Birm JA offer for Elm is really low. Hope you feel better soon.

Guest Autumn days

Are the results for the 6th form auditions at Elmhurst out yet? They were only held at the end of last week, I thought?

Angel - I really wouldn't worry about the quality of training your DD is getting with associates.  I'm sure the numbers accepted into diferent schools and into MAs varies considerably each year.  Nor would I think of it as something going wrong for your DD.  The fact is that there are very few places versus a lot of applicants.  There are quite a lot of JA scemes and a lot who apply having never been a JA either through choice or through not being accepted.  I would imagine it is very rare for any of our DDs to pass through the process from young child with potential to professional dancer without gathering their share of nos along the way.  You hear time and time again on this forum that 'no may just mean not yet'.

• Like 1