Royal Ballet Casting for Autumn 2023-24

Guest oncnp

Just now, Mary said:

it works if I sign in as a Friend, doesn't show any availability if I just go in without signing in.

That doesn't make much sense as it is stopping non Friends from booking at all!

For me, it works both ways, signed in or not (ancient PC, Windows 10, Explorer). The ROH IT team strikes again. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Where do you enter the discount code?  I was just looking to see if it would work on Don Q and can’t see any option to add the code at checkout.  They clearly really don’t want me to get a discount....😕

It isn’t obvious, I have to say. Before you look for a ticket on the seating plan, go to the bottom of the page and it will say ‘add voucher code’ or something similar. Add the code and then go to the seating plan. When you’re selecting a ticket/seat make sure you add the correct ticket price to your basket as it will automatically add the full price one (it gives a choice of reduced or full price and click the reduced option). Good luck!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Where do you enter the discount code?  I was just looking to see if it would work on Don Q and can’t see any option to add the code at checkout.  They clearly really don’t want me to get a discount....😕

image.png.636ab9970ad2fdebf4a61a278aaf8ea2.png

It's for The Cellist, etc only I think. 

Edited by oncnp

I have a ticket for the Hinkis/Acri Don Q debuts and am obviously disappointed that Akane Takada will not be dancing. I wish her well and hope that she is back on stage soon.

However, I think that the whole company will ensure that the 28th is a special evening for everyone in the same way that the Calvert/Edmonds Swan Lake debuts were. That was a fabulous evening, definitely one to remember.

• Like 2

Yes, it won’t work on Don Q unfortunately.  I was hoping the discount might enable me to see William Bracewell - under the guise / justification of taking my son - but I’ll have to just settle for the Nunez/Muntagirov I have already booked (and am very excited about).

5 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Yes, it won’t work on Don Q unfortunately.  I was hoping the discount might enable me to see William Bracewell - under the guise / justification of taking my son - but I’ll have to just settle for the Nunez/Muntagirov I have already booked (and am very excited about).

There's always Friday rush and with the significant number of unsold DonQ seats, the ROH might yet put a deal out. 

34 minutes ago, Swan said:

I have a ticket for the Hinkis/Acri Don Q debuts and am obviously disappointed that Akane Takada will not be dancing. I wish her well and hope that she is back on stage soon.

However, I think that the whole company will ensure that the 28th is a special evening for everyone in the same way that the Calvert/Edmonds Swan Lake debuts were. That was a fabulous evening, definitely one to remember.

Yes, the love in the auditorium from both sides of the pit was palpable. Truly, a very very special evening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnePigeon said:

Alas, no, not for DQ. I admit that I have tickets to both of the Bracewell/Kaneko performances - I just couldn’t help myself! 😳

Edited by Linnzi5
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, oncnp said:

There's always Friday rush and with the significant number of unsold DonQ seats, the ROH might yet put a deal out. 

Yes, I’m crossing fingers for a deal and I won’t feel too bad about already paying full price as the performance I’m going to is sold out.  There are so many seats available still for a Saturday matinee in less than a week, I’m very surprised they haven’t put an offer out - unless they’ll offer discount stalls seats for the Young ROH scheme as I believe they did with Cinderella.

Good for you @Linnzi5, if I could afford to book for multiple casts these would definitely be my next choice.  I still haven’t seen Bracewell live in a principal role and he’s one of my favourite dancers.  I really need to remedy this.

1 minute ago, OnePigeon said:

Yes, I’m crossing fingers for a deal and I won’t feel too bad about already paying full price as the performance I’m going to is sold out.  There are so many seats available still for a Saturday matinee in less than a week, I’m very surprised they haven’t put an offer out - unless they’ll offer discount stalls seats for the Young ROH scheme as I believe they did with Cinderella.

Good for you @Linnzi5, if I could afford to book for multiple casts these would definitely be my next choice.  I still haven’t seen Bracewell live in a principal role and he’s one of my favourite dancers.  I really need to remedy this.

I really hope they offer a deal for the matinee for you - fingers crossed.  

i do feel bad for going to see two performances, but I will try and cut down elsewhere. I don’t feel too upset about going to see so many casts though - I can’t wait!

I have seen him as a principal on a number of occasions and have been absolutely thrilled - I just love watching him dance ( there is something about his dancing that just touches my soul and I can’t explain exactly what it is) and I think he has a wonderful connection with Kaneko, who is also a wonderful dancer. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

You really, really, really do!!  

• Like 6

I totally agree, Bracewell is a beautiful dancer - very lyrical and musical with a lovely, graceful classical technique - and handsome to boot 😁.  Don Q isn’t the ballet I most associate with his qualities and I’d probably rather see him in a less bravura role, but I do need to see him dance soon - you never know what the fates have in store. Maybe I’ll grit my teeth, don my opera glasses and sit in the upper amphitheatre with a Friday Rush ticket if they don’t throw an offer my way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

You really, really, really do!!  

Yes. Absolutely. I am still so surprised by my reaction to Will and Fumi in Cinderella - it was just one of those performances that was pure magic for me and will live with me forever - or until I become too old and infirm to remember it! 🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

I totally agree, Bracewell is a beautiful dancer - very lyrical and musical with a lovely, graceful classical technique - and handsome to boot 😁.  Don Q isn’t the ballet I most associate with his qualities and I’d probably rather see him in a less bravura role, but I do need to see him dance soon - you never know what the fates have in store. Maybe I’ll grit my teeth, don my opera glasses and sit in the upper amphitheatre with a Friday Rush ticket if they don’t throw an offer my way.

Yes. I will be interested to see what Mr Bracewell makes of Basilio. 

I’d recommend him in Swan Lake - I adore his Siegfried and have seen him in this role quite a few times!! 🤣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Oh drat!  I had vowed not to bother with Swan Lake - it’s not a favourite, I’ve seen it enough and I want to save my money for the Ashton triples - but I think you may have changed my mind.  Bracewell as Siegfried is a wonderful prospect.

Oh gosh you really must try to see him as Siegfried.  He is so romantic, and so heart breaking.  Ditto Romeo.  And I am sure it will be ditto Des Grieux!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sim said:

Oh gosh you really must try to see him as Siegfried.  He is so romantic, and so heart breaking.  Ditto Romeo.  And I am sure it will be ditto Des Grieux!

Also my favourite Romeo! 🤣

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

Yes. I will be interested to see what Mr Bracewell makes of Basilio. 

I’d recommend him in Swan Lake - I adore his Siegfried and have seen him in this role quite a few times!! 🤣

I agree Bracewell is such a musical, lyrical, soulful dancer who seems to dance from his heart and, as such, really tugs at the heartstrings. However, having seen his cheeky, boy-next-door portrayal of Franz in Coppelia with Akane, I have no doubt he will also win hearts as Basilio. I can’t wait!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ElleC said:

I agree Bracewell is such a musical, lyrical, soulful dancer who seems to dance from his heart and, as such, really tugs at the heartstrings. However, having seen his cheeky, boy-next-door portrayal of Franz in Coppelia with Akane, I have no doubt he will also win hearts as Basilio. I can’t wait!

Neither can I!!  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Suffolkgal said:

All agreed re Bracewell- very excited for Don Q but way way more excited for Des Grieux!

Oh yes - incredibly excited for that too! Des Grieux is a role that would seem to be absolutely made for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OnePigeon said:

WB is leading one of the Dante casts which might turn out to be a cheaper way of watching him dance live. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ElleC said:

Me neither. I have never seen him in Coppelia (alas!) but I think he will be a cheeky Basilio. I am very much looking forward to it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sim said:

Neither can I!!  

Me too!

48 minutes ago, Sim said:

Oh so am I!!  

Me too!

41 minutes ago, Suffolkgal said:

All agreed re Bracewell- very excited for Don Q but way way more excited for Des Grieux!

Oh yes. I am particularly looking forward to this and with Yasmine Naghdi, who is such a beautiful dancer, too.  Well, be still my heart! Yasmine (I saw her at the DQ rehearsal) is such a delicate, sensitive and technically brilliant dancer. She also has such personality when dancing. I am really, really excited. 

27 minutes ago, ElleC said:

Oh yes - incredibly excited for that too! Des Grieux is a role that would seem to be absolutely made for him.

Yes. I am really excited to see this! As I keep saying! 🤣

3 minutes ago, PeterS said:

WB is leading one of the Dante casts which might turn out to be a cheaper way of watching him dance live. 

I booked for opening night. I wouldn't have booked for Dante if he wasn't dancing it.

I am also seeing Will and Fumi on opening night for Nutcracker - such a lovely cast with Joseph Sissens (I spelt Sissens correctly, Sim! 😘) and Sae Maeda AND Gary Avis! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FionaM said:

I wonder how long this glitch has been going on … it’ll explain the poor sales!!!

The box office could see the availability but not online bookers.  This in itself doesn’t make sense.  Nor does Mr BBB  being able to see and not you or me.   Unless it’s a restriction on the view by level of friend (I know I’m lowest level though that doesn’t match my price point!) 

Both the GODS25 and DUPRE25 work for me even without signing in. Or signing in as non-Friend. I got the  availability for the whole house, from Grand Tier to Stalls to Amphi etc. It will give you two prices to choose after you have clicked on the seat and you pick the discounted price. Am also completely baffled as to why it's not working for some. Do you have another device you can  try on? (Usually it's  me that  gets the glitches.) 

17 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

Both the GODS25 and DUPRE25 work for me even without signing in. Or signing in as non-Friend. I got the  availability for the whole house, from Grand Tier to Stalls to Amphi etc. It will give you two prices to choose after you have clicked on the seat and you pick the discounted price. Am also completely baffled as to why it's not working for some. Do you have another device you can  try on? (Usually it's  me that  gets the glitches.) 

Or, as the ROH is so fond of telling us each and every time the website crashes, clear the cache ... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scheherezade said:

Or, as the ROH is so fond of telling us each and every time the website crashes, clear the cache ... 

I have no idea what that is or how to do it.

In any case, the ROH should not put would-be purchasers through an obstacle course if they want sales.

This ‘blame the customer’ approach is typical and unacceptable.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Scheherezade said:

What needs to be cleared is their IT team.