British Ballet Charity Gala - Royal Albert Hall - Thursday 3 June 2021

Does anyone know anything about this gala?  Seen on the Royal Albert Hall website.  
Tickets are pricey at £240.00 🤔 

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2021/british-ballet-charity-gala/

Join us for a unique evening of ballet at the Royal Albert Hall hosted by none other than Dame Darcey Bussell and the wonderful Ore Oduba.

For the very first time, dancers from all eight of Britain’s main ballet companies – Ballet Black, Birmingham Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, New Adventures, Northern Ballet, Rambert, Scottish Ballet and The Royal Ballet – will perform pieces from their repertoire on the same stage.

Accompanied by the Royal Ballet Sinfonia under the direction of conductor Paul Murphy, this extraordinary performance will be a powerful, beautiful and purposeful act of solidarity by Britain’s ballet industry to raise awareness of and funds for their art.

Guest oncnp
6 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Does anyone know anything about this gala?  Seen on the Royal Albert Hall website.  
Tickets are pricey at £240.00 🤔 

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2021/british-ballet-charity-gala/

Join us for a unique evening of ballet at the Royal Albert Hall hosted by none other than Dame Darcey Bussell and the wonderful Ore Oduba.

For the very first time, dancers from all eight of Britain’s main ballet companies – Ballet Black, Birmingham Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, New Adventures, Northern Ballet, Rambert, Scottish Ballet and The Royal Ballet – will perform pieces from their repertoire on the same stage.

Accompanied by the Royal Ballet Sinfonia under the direction of conductor Paul Murphy, this extraordinary performance will be a powerful, beautiful and purposeful act of solidarity by Britain’s ballet industry to raise awareness of and funds for their art.

and also a live stream

https://britishballetcharitygala.com/

Email from Birmingham Royal Ballet:

w660_162036_brblogohorizontalblack800p.j
s.gif
s.gif
w660_346913_capture.jpg

Announcing the British Ballet Charity Gala

The Albert Hall, Thursday 3 June, 7.30pm

Pay-per-view broadcast, from Friday 18 June 7pm

Dame Darcey Bussell DBE presents the first-ever British Ballet Charity Gala on Thursday 3 June at the Royal Albert Hall. This special gala is a celebration of the UK’s leading dance companies and features the companies above coming together for the first time in an evening of dance, unity and joy. This special event is a moment for British dance to showcase its vibrancy as well as highlight the significant part it plays in the UK arts scene during what has been one of the most challenging periods in dance history.

Hosted by Darcey Bussell and Strictly Come Dancing winner Ore Oduba, tickets for the Gala cost from £240 and capacity at the Royal Albert Hall is limited to 1,000 to adhere to social distancing guidelines. The event will also be filmed by BalletBoyz Productions and will be streamed from 18 June at 7pm via the Royal Opera House and English National Ballet’s websites.  

Each company will perform pieces from their celebrated repertoire and music will be provided by our orchestra, the Royal Ballet Sinfonia, conducted by Paul Murphy. Birmingham Royal Ballet's Momoko Hirata and César Morales will perform a pas de deux from Sir David Bintley's acclaimed Cinderella. The Gala’s finale has been especially choreographed by Benoit Swan Pouffer, Artistic Director of Rambert, in a spectacular new work uniting, by film, all of the participating Companies. 

Speaking of the announcement, Carlos Acosta said:

I couldn't be more thrilled that Birmingham Royal Ballet and the Royal Ballet Sinfonia will be so involved in this Gala, arranged by the brilliant Darcey Bussell. It promises to be a wonderful evening of world-class ballet, supporting the arts and live performance, more crucial now than ever.

The performance will be filmed and broadcast as a pay-per-view broadcast with tickets costing £20. Proceeds from the gala and stream will be shared between the participating companies (all of which are registered charities) with each company further nominating a community dance company of their choice, who will receive a ‘waterfall donation’. Full details of how to book tickets for the broadcast will be shared with you at a later date.

Tickets for the live performance on 3 June are available by clicking this link to the Royal Albert Hall website.  

Click here for details of the live performance on 3 June

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 20:57, Rob S said:

Seats in the upper circle don't appear to be on sale😦

maybe we can hope for an early easing on socially distanced rules?  And reasonably priced tickets in upper ranks?   

“wishful thinking”

• 4 weeks later...
Guest oncnp

Stream available to purchase for £20 on ROH site British Ballet Charity Gala - Royal Opera House Stream (roh.org.uk) and ENB British Ballet Charity Gala — Ballet on Demand | English National Ballet | ENB at Home

This event is scheduled to begin at 7pm BST on 18 June 2021. A film of the performance will be available to watch On Demand until 18 July 2021.

The time on the forum calendar is off if one of the mods could fix it. 

If in the US, less expensive on the ROH site for some reason. 

Edited by oncnp

Guest oncnp
Just now, alison said:

It seems to be all right to me ...

Thanks. The conversion to US Eastern Daylight time wasn't coming out right. 

• 1 month later...

Not that I KNOW... but ENB has two obvious candidates from its recent show at SWT. But they might not select either of them.

More than pas de deux is needed to fill the RAH space and I would have thought that ValentinoZuchetti’s Scherzo or, the extended version Anemoi, would be good choices.

I've got a feeling I read somewhere that the programme was not being announced in advance.  I assume it's because there may have to be last minute changes.  The BRB mention of Cinderella is the only one I have seen and that has not been mentioned since.

Guest oncnp
18 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Maybe this?   Le Corsaire pdd with Matthew Ball and Yasmine Naghdi.  
Posted by dancersdiary on Wednesday 2nd June

Would they risk Naghdi the night before the new triple opens? (or Ball for that matter)

1 minute ago, oncnp said:

Would they risk Naghdi the night before the new triple opens? (or Ball for that matter)

well it has to be RB principals at Albert Hall .... I guess we’ll know soon which ones!

Now on Instagram via a photo of the programme:

Dextra (Scottish Ballet)

Then or Now (Ballet Black)

1984 (Duet Act 1); Bitter Earth (Northern Ballet)

Cinderella (pas de Deux) (Birmingham Royal Ballet)

Spitfire (New Adventures)

Senseless Kindness (English National Ballet)

Sama (Rambert2)

Scherzo (The Royal Ballet)

Edited by capybara

Thank you @capybara

Hmm … that’s not the display of dazzling principals I would have been expecting.  Maybe I’ve had the wrong impression what this event is?

Thrilled to see Valentino Zucchetti’s ballet though!

Edited by FionaE
Extra

Guest oncnp

and the approximate schedule from the RAH

7:30pm
Scottish Ballet
Ballet Black
Northern Ballet
Birmingham Royal Ballet

8:25pm Interval

8:55pm
New Adventures
English National Ballet
Rambert
The Royal Ballet

9:55pm ends

34 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Thank you @capybara

Hmm … that’s not the display of dazzling principals I would have been expecting.  Maybe I’ve had the wrong impression what this event is?

Maybe a series of pas de deux would not sit well in the RAH?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaE said:

Thank you @capybara

how can you deduce who will be dancing from this list of pieces?

2 hours ago, prs59 said:

how can you deduce who will be dancing from this list of pieces?

When BRB announced the Cinderella pdf, they announced it would be Momoko and Cesar dancing.

As far as I am aware, Abby Prudames and Joseph Taylor are dancing the 1984 extract and Minju Kang, Lorenzo Trossello and Kevin Poeung are dancing Kenny Tindall's Bitter Earth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...