Elmhurst Audition JA

Isabella

They’re done in year groups. My best advice is to not over think the administration side too much, just concentrate on helping your son/daughter to relax and enjoy the audition. The Elmhurst YD programme is amazing, and the classes are really special. I’m sure they’ll run the auditions in a similar way. If your son/daughter is relaxed then they’ll be able to follow along better! I have to try hard not to project my anxieties on to my child, and they tend to just get on with it all!

Good luck with the audition! 

Thank you #TinyNEDancer. Great advice. I was just curious because there didn’t seem to be any logic to it but like you said it’s best not to think about it too much. I never talk about this side of things with my daughter. All she knows is that she has a fun hour of dancing planned at a special school. Thanks again for the reply. 

On 23/08/2020 at 16:22, Isabella said:

Just wondering how many groups tend to audition for Elmhurst junior associates and does it matter which group they’re in? I suppose they just audition in mixed groups? 

Last year they did it in age order over a couple of weekends but I am not sure what is happening this year due to covid. I know of several yr5s who have already auditioned and got a place, but my friend's DD who is going for yr4 doesn't have her audition until 5th September. Which year group are you auditioning for?

1 hour ago, MrsS said:

My daughter auditioned this morning (she had a great time!) does anyone know how long we should be waiting to find out? Thanks X

My DD auditioned for a year 5 place on a Sunday this year and found out the following Thursday.

Hope everyone gets good news!

17 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

My DD said they told her around 1 week. What group was she? My daughter absolutely loved it!

Thanks! She was at 9, what time was your daughter? I was impressed how they did it safely too x 

My daughter auditioned for year 5, but has been offered a place starting in year 4 for the first term to get up to speed. Our letter says term starts a week today. I might double check with them later this week, if Year 4 have only auditioned today!

6 minutes ago, Bookish said:

My daughter auditioned for year 5, but has been offered a place starting in year 4 for the first term to get up to speed. Our letter says term starts a week today. I might double check with them later this week, if Year 4 have only auditioned today!

Oh that’s brilliant they must have seen something special in her and lovely they’re going to give her the chance to catch up! 
So starts next Saturday? That seems odd if results aren’t out yet, uniform to buy, fees to pay etc. 

2 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Oh that’s brilliant they must have seen something special in her and lovely they’re going to give her the chance to catch up! 
So starts next Saturday? That seems odd if results aren’t out yet, uniform to buy, fees to pay etc. 

@SarahG1881Last year they didn't send out invoices until weeks after they started! And they said to us a few weeks back that anyone who can't get uniform in time can wear regular leotard. The website is currently out of stock of everything.

2 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Thank you. It is Birmingham my DD auditioned for. 

Ah ok then! 

I think you’ll find out by mid week at the latest. And possibly may start on Saturday, or soon after, but I’m sure they’ll say to not worry about uniform etc. As someone else said, you don’t get an invoice for fees until about October half term! 

Fingers crossed for your DD 🤞🏼 

My DD also audioned on Saturday, in the 10.30 group. She really enjoyed it 🙂 My issue is that she's also applied for RBS JA. We're in Group 3 (Bath) and still awaiting the email with the video link in. I know realistically she's unlikely to get in.....however, Bath is much closer to home. Given a choice, we'd choose Royal over Elmhurst, purely due to mileage and time. We can't get to both. But it looks like Elmhurst are going to let us know before we've even submitted a video for JA!! I know I'm worrying over nothing as getting a place with Royal at yr4 is unlikely. But I'm already imagining a huge dilemma? 😕 

My dd loved it on Saturday, she has asked to do more auditions so regardless of the result we are happy. Not sure though how many went for Manchester, we were in group 4 at Birmingham, which was in the afternoon. So I presuming the classes were mixed with children applying for Birmingham and Manchester.