Elmhurst Audition JA

Isabella

1 hour ago, Littledancegirl said:

My dd loved it on Saturday, she has asked to do more auditions so regardless of the result we are happy. Not sure though how many went for Manchester, we were in group 4 at Birmingham, which was in the afternoon. So I presuming the classes were mixed with children applying for Birmingham and Manchester. 

Yes there were a few auditioning at Birmingham for different places. 

20 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

My DD also audioned on Saturday, in the 10.30 group. She really enjoyed it 🙂 My issue is that she's also applied for RBS JA. We're in Group 3 (Bath) and still awaiting the email with the video link in. I know realistically she's unlikely to get in.....however, Bath is much closer to home. Given a choice, we'd choose Royal over Elmhurst, purely due to mileage and time. We can't get to both. But it looks like Elmhurst are going to let us know before we've even submitted a video for JA!! I know I'm worrying over nothing as getting a place with Royal at yr4 is unlikely. But I'm already imagining a huge dilemma? 😕 

In a ‘normal’ audition year all the results would be in and children would then make their acceptances. This year is of course far from normal which I’m sure all schools accept that there will be ‘movement’ of children later get offered another programme. Elmhurst still have children on reserve waiting lists, so if you did accept and then later leave, there would equally be another child waiting patiently and very grateful for that space when it comes free. 

3 hours ago, BalletBoysDad said:

In a ‘normal’ audition year all the results would be in and children would then make their acceptances. This year is of course far from normal which I’m sure all schools accept that there will be ‘movement’ of children later get offered another programme. Elmhurst still have children on reserve waiting lists, so if you did accept and then later leave, there would equally be another child waiting patiently and very grateful for that space when it comes free. 

Good point! My dd has also been offered a place at Elmhurst (Birmingham yr4, starting on Saturday) She's really pleased 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

Good point! My dd has also been offered a place at Elmhurst (Birmingham yr4, starting on Saturday) She's really pleased 😊

Congratulations to your DD, that’s amazing news. My DS starts yr5 this Saturday too. I so wish I’d applied for yr4, as we were living in London at the time, and it felt a bit ‘far’.  But in hindsight, classes like these are well worth the travel time. :)