What happened on that night of Osipova/Nunez/Muntagirov La Bayadere?

Having seen that perticular performance mentioned a lot in the last season highlight form. 

I went to the opening night and the night of Corrales performance. Sad I did not book the other night.

I went back into the long form of La Bayadere but still want to ask if you went to that night...

What happened and what still remains in your mind after half a year?

I think I went to the one you mean, it was remarkable that the 3 leading dancers didn't get confused for one thing, I had thought Marianela Nunez very soulful as Nikiya in the cinema performance, but she was amazing as Gamzatti, I still remember one moment in particular when she held a fantastic unsupported balance in the adagio after being lifted by the 2 men, this caused loud applause, something that doesn't usually happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HelenLoveAppleJuice said:

Having seen that perticular performance mentioned a lot in the last season highlight form. 

I went to the opening night and the night of Corrales performance. Sad I did not book the other night.

I went back into the long form of La Bayadere but still want to ask if you went to that night...

What happened and what still remains in your mind after half a year?

What happened was magic , pure and simple.  I remember being stunned at the depth of Osipova's Nikiya.  I wasn't expecting to like her much, and she really got under my skin in this role.  I preferred her Nikiya to her Gamzatti, and this surprised me very much.  Nunez was a haughty, imperious Gamzatti and Vadream was, well, Vadream.  A wonderful night. 

• Like 6

Oh how I wish I saw the Osipova/Nunez cast - having been lucky enough to see Nunez/Osipova I really regret not going twice but I was still relatively new to ballet so only booked one performance, and didn't know how much I would love La Bayadere. KOH - please please bring it back soon with these double casts again! 

To answer @SPD444's question - the Nunez/Osipova (with Nunez as Nikiya, Osipova as Gamzatti and Vadim as Solor) was the one that was filmed. 

• Like 3

Well it was one if those wonderful performances where everything was exceptional and thrilling - not only the principals but the whole cast, orchestra etc. Bayadère is my favourite ballet and I have seen many performances. I was really surprised by both Osipova and Nuñez - didn’t expect Nuñez to be such an imperious Gamzatti and Osipova to be such a soulful Nikyia. The fight scene was really dramatic and convincing. Muntagirov was his usual superlative self. I count myself so lucky to have been there. It made up somewhat for the fact that I was too ill to go to the opening night and had to hand back my ticket! However I can at least buy the DVD. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sim said:

What happened was magic , pure and simple.  I remember being stunned at the depth of Osipova's Nikiya.  I wasn't expecting to like her much, and she really got under my skin in this role.  I preferred her Nikiya to her Gamzatti, and this surprised me very much.  Nunez was a haughty, imperious Gamzatti and Vadream was, well, Vadream.  A wonderful night. 

Me too. Far preferred it to the other way round and how surprising indeed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Beryl H said:

I think I went to the one you mean, it was remarkable that the 3 leading dancers didn't get confused for one thing, I had thought Marianela Nunez very soulful as Nikiya in the cinema performance, but she was amazing as Gamzatti, I still remember one moment in particular when she held a fantastic unsupported balance in the adagio after being lifted by the 2 men, this caused loud applause, something that doesn't usually happen.

OMG I remembered that moment too!! That was like an attitude held for how long .... 10 seconds??? The audience couldn't hold their applauses until the variation's over!

Magic night.

• Like 2