New Associate Class Leicester

balletla

This should be a worthwhile experience for anyone that has not been taught by Graham Fletcher before. Graham is a really dedicated teacher who has inspired many young people including my DS who is now dancing with the Vienna State Ballet.

What he achieved with Dance Activate (originally part of Leicester/Leicestershire Council run Arts in Education) is amazing, having numerous children accepted into the Royal Ballet School/Elmhurst and their various Associate classes, during one year there were three of his students from Leicester accepted into White Lodge.

Under Graham's guidence other children have taken other routes like Jassa Ahlwalia. Jassa started with Graham at the same time as my DS and was in the same year in Primary School, and has been presenting 'Art Attack' on the Disney Channel, you can read more about Jassa's story here:

http://www.jassaahlu...a.com/biography

Edited by theThirdMan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic opportunity!

I have 3 dds who are all taught by Graham. The 2 eldest will definately be auditioning for his new associate classes(the youngest is only 6). They both currently also attend the Royal Ballet associate classes on Saturdays in Birmingham, and as Grahams classes will be on a Sunday they will fit in well with our already packed schedule!

I cant recommend Graham highly enough, he has a wealth of teaching experience with the Royal Ballet, and of course has performed at the highest level. He is an inspirational teacher and has a real talent for nurturing potential, and bringing out the best in his students. My dds have really thrived under his instuction both in ability and confidence and they love his classes.

You can find the application form and details on the website, auditions are on Sun 21st Oct- it sounds like it should be a fantastic day.

• Like 2

Mr Fletcher is my dancing teacher and he makes every class so much fun!

I can't wait for his new assosiate classes to start.I recommend anyone who loves dance to go to the audition and try out,if you've got potential he'll see it ! :D

• Like 1

This is an amazing opportunity :D My DD is also taught by Mr Fletcher. She is really happy to be auditioning to attend his New Ballet Associate class. Mr Fletcher has already enabled my DD to advance in her level of technical ability and I know that this new Ballet Associates lesson will enhance her skills further. This is exciting for those wishing to progress and I truely recommend anyone to give this a go, you will not be disapointed. Just take a look at the link to see for yourself what an amazing opportunity this is.

http://www.balletassociates.co.uk/

• Like 1

That could be that when your child is serious about dancing and they hit on the right teacher, you can't help but sing a teachers praise. Especialy if that teacher has nurtured your child for so many years and got them into a good vocational school. My daughter private dance teacher has been absolutely fantastic, we love her to bits and we will never forget the dedication that she has shown and given to my daughter. See just can't help being gush sorry.

• Like 3

My dd attended his Royal Ballet Associate classes in Leeds for a while before moving to London, I can tell you that he was an excellent teacher who had great respect for his students and certainly knew what he was doing. This is my first hand and honest opinion of this man. This is what this forum is about, spreading the news of lots of different things that can help the young dancer to progress. If anybody else new or old,knows about good schools, classes or associates then please pass the word on.

• Like 2

I do not doubt Mr Fletcher's credentials at all although I have no personal experience and I have no problem with people making recommendations or being supportive of worthwhile people but am I the only one to think that it is just a bit odd that there were several extremely similar posts all in a very short time and that some of them were by people that have not posted before or since?

• Like 1

I've only just noticed that we had some new posters on this thread - so thought I'd better come and say "Welcome" to all of you. We're constantly trying to spread the word about the site (I keep telling people at my local dance school about it but I still don't think any of them have joined - they'd learn so much - they don't know what they're missing, so I'll keep reminding them :rolleyes: )

I hope you all find the rest of the forum useful - remember there are other areas, not just "Doing Dance", that are worth investigating, and please do chip in on other threads.

• Like 3

I hear what you are saying Jellybeans, but it was ribbons who posted this piece of information and she has beena forum member for a long time now.

I don't know Graham at all, I just thought it looked interesting and could be of benefit to people. Sounds like a great opportunity and would love to hear from anyone who attends this week-end.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Have followed this thread with great interest - Graham Fletcher's Ballet Associate classes have been running for a couple of months now and it would good to hear the views of any other DDs and DSs. I read on his website that Janet Briggs was coming from London for the next class to offer information and guidance on matters relating to her long career as a physiotherapist treating dancers. Seems a good idea to me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello all 

I have just pulled up this thread from a search on the ballet associates in Leicester and I just wondered if anyone had any further experience of the classes as we are looking at schemes for next year?

Many thanks

swe

DS tried the classes and decided they were not for him but his friend goes and really enjoys them. I think it was the style of teaching rather than the content that he didn't like.

From my very limited knowledge of these things it seemed like a good standard (age 14 and over.

He attends an associate scheme and CAT already so I didn't encourage him to try a few more classes or to give it a bit a time. His dance teacher wasn't very keen on him going there anyway.

Jill

Hi swe. My dc goes to graham in leicester. He is wonderful ex rb and used to teach their associate classes. He has just started this year with ballet associates and there are some great dancers there. If you want his email add just pm me.