ROH Sitting in the front row amphi

Sorry - I may be posting this in the wrong place, but I just want to know what it's like sitting in the front row of the Amphi -  I've just snapped a SL ticket up for a friend, (fairly central) but am now not sure whether she'll see over the tier as she's short. 

Any advice, please?

Thanks

Jacky

• Like 1

I was recently sat fairly central front row Amphi & the person sat next to me was short.  They leaned forward slightly & from our discussion in the interval appeared to have a very clear view.  (Because they were so short, I don't think the view of the people behind in Row B was affected by them leaning forward.)  

Alternatively, as Janet says, they can easily ask for a blow up cushion - on the Amphi level they're in the corridor behind the ice cream stand / interval bar pre-order where the pop-up shop was.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

That's great advice, thank you. I just got worried when I saw what the restriction was on the e-ticket! I'll get a cushion for her and tell her that she can lean forward slightly if the person behind is OK with that. (My ticket is on the side in Row G, and is more expensive!)

Many thanks!

Jacky

• Like 1

You will have no issue in the front row Amphi at all as you sit quite close the ledge so it does in no way interfere with the view - unlike the Balcony where you sit further back so the ledge creeps into your eyeline. 

Leg room is pretty decent too.  If you are to the sides you may need to lean but I have been OK even in the left and right block.

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

That's really good to know. My friend will be in A39 - and she's around the same height as you, Jenny.  Thanks to  Don Q Fan, too.

Jenny, it was very nice to meet you the other night at the premiere.

Jacky

21 hours ago, Quintus said:

Guests are advised to ensure their blow-up cushions are well-bunged, or risk making an appearance in the Audience Behaviour thread ;)

Why, what can happen?  Do they become a whooppe cushion or something?!?!?  😲   I occasionally use the ROH blow-up cushions when I'm sat in places with no-one behind me, to get an extra clear view of the stage.  Crikey, I'd never thought to check the bung before now!!!    Though thinking about it they can make a bit of a squeaking sound if you don't sit pretty still...

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Though thinking about it they can make a bit of a squeaking sound if you don't sit pretty still...

start worrying if the squeaking sound not actually emanating from the cushion...

• Like 4