The Royal Ballet: The Winter's Tale, London, Spring 2018

32 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I thought the curtain was a deeper maroon rather than today's red but perhaps we were watching in black and white?

Cast change slips were available with the cast lists when I picked up mine so I'm sorry Jillykins missed getting one.

On Tuesday evening the cast sheet was wrong (it still listed Sambé) - I queried it in the first interval and was told that there were no further changes from the printed list, and when I insisted that it wasn't Sambé dancing I was advised to ask someone else. The second person told me that there were some cast change slips on a ledge in the Amphi bar area and I eventually managed to get one. So if I hadn't known already that it wasn't Sambé dancing, I'd have been none the wiser.

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, alison said:

Did you notice Erico Montes turning into Kevin Emerton, too?

The cast list showed Montes, and the change slip included him replacing Emerton, so I assumed it was just a double notification that it was Montes dancing. But was the change slip wrong and should have said Emerton replaced Montes?! I'm afraid I wouldn't know either of them by sight.

23 hours ago, bridiem said:

The cast list showed Montes, and the change slip included him replacing Emerton, so I assumed it was just a double notification that it was Montes dancing. But was the change slip wrong and should have said Emerton replaced Montes?!

Yes :)

• Like 1

As I think I've said before, the ROH ties itself up in knots with its replacement slips because they say:

"X is replaced by Y"    rather than  "Y replaces X". 

It makes all the difference in terms of people's understanding of which dancer they are actually going to see.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Thank you!   Yes - It was from 2014 with the amazing cast of Ed Watson, Steven McRae and Federico Bonelli, plus Lauren Cuthbertson and Sarah Lamb - can't get much better than that!   I am rather in shock that this is the first time I've seen this ballet - I honestly hadn't even heard of it.   I have to say that for those of us who live abroad, the fact that they have started streaming regularly has been the one bonus from Corona!

• Like 4