Mids audition tomorrow and DD unwell

Sparkly

My DD has her rbs mid associates audition in Manchester tomorrow and is horribly unwell, poor thing. Temperature of 38 but shivering, saying she’s cold. She was so upset before bedtime with the thought of not going. Part of me wants to ply her with calpol and still take her, the other part of me wants to just let her sleep it off. She’s been looking forward to this for so long :-(

Manchester is usually one of the earlier venues if I recall rightly, so there's a good chance you will be able to change. As others have said, if she's not well she won't enjoy it or feel that she's given her best. And from a public health perspective, she probably shouldn't be out and about if she's that unwell - there's a lot of nasty viruses around at present. I think a duvet day is probably called for. Hope she feels better soon.

• Like 6

Thanks all. We’ve just been to the doctors and she has pretty nasty tonsillitis so definitely no audition today. I’ve left a message and sent an email asking if she can do the Birmingham audition instead so fingers crossed they get back to us with a yes!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. My DD auditioned in Birmingham today and had a lovely time. Whatever the outcome she’s enjoyed the audition experience immensely.

Thank you all for your well wishes when DD was ill and for suggesting that I call and ask if she could audition at another centre as I would never have thought to ask!

Sparkly x

• Like 22