Ballet face

Colman

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a suitable expression for dancing/exams? 

My current default expression veers - it turns out that decades of on-and-off martial arts aren’t a great preparation for dancing in this case - from perplexed and possibly constipated to grumpy old man to homicidal.

My wife was concerned I was likely to scare my examiner before the summer! However, any fake smile I plaster on makes me look utterly demented in a movie serial killer sort of way, which seems unlikely to help.

Any ideas?

• Like 5

The face and hands are amongst the most difficult things to get right. For some strange reason, when I'm dancing sequences, I cross the fingers on my right hand. I know that I need all the help that I can get, but I wish I could stop doing it.

• Like 4

The face and hands are amongst the most difficult things to get right. For some strange reason, when I'm dancing sequences, I cross the fingers on my right hand. I know that I need all the help that I can get, but I wish I could stop doing it.

Have you tried taping those two fingers together trog, to get out of the habit of crossing them?

• Like 2

I love this thread, as DS really struggles to 'do' faces, as he says he feels stupid, to the point where the more he is asked to smile, the less likely he is to do so! Any ideas gratefully received.

I absolutely hate being told to smile. Also, "relax!" Look, I'm concentrating.

• Like 3