Live Stream Lady of the Camelias 6/12

The Bolshoi Theatre will be streaming tonights performance of the Lady of the Camelias with Svetlana Zakharova on their Youtube Channel in Russia.

So if you are in Russia, or have an extension in your (Very easy to find in the Chrome Store) Chrome Browser to change your location to Russia then you can watch it from your home anywhere in the world. :)

It is at 6pm Russian Time which I think is 3pm UK time.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just realised I forgot about this, which is annoying. Back from stables too late and no time to arrange babysitting - doesn't sound like something the 4 year old is going to sit through.

Hi Colman,the feed on the Bolshoi Youtube will be live for at 

least 24 hours so I you could watch at your leisure.

• Like 1

Damn, I've had this in my diary for weeks and when today came, I totally forgot about it :(

Ok, for those of you, who feel to have missed this or who cannot watch it. Step by Step...

1) Download Google Chrome browser

2) Go to the the Google Chrome extensions store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

3) Download a VPN extension for free, such as Hulu

4) Choose Russia in the extension next to the address bar in Chrome

5) Goto Bolshoi Youtube channel, click on ?Lady of the Camelias live (or the stream after it is finished)

6) Make a cup of tea, or glass wine and crunchy snacks and enjoy!

(Tip) The experience is enhanced by Apple TV so you can watch directly on your tv, or even by plugging a connection between computer and speakers with a headphones chord, or a connection between TV and computer or laptop,

Any questions I am happy to answer

Edited by SwissBalletFan
  • Like 4

Thank you SBF for the instructions - I'll leave it till later as I don't want to join halfway through.

I have to say, though, I thought it was originally advertised as being with Evgenia Obraztsova (which was one of the particular selling points for me).  Am I remembering that wrong, or is she injured or something?

Thank you SBF for the instructions - I'll leave it till later as I don't want to join halfway through.

I have to say, though, I thought it was originally advertised as being with Evgenia Obraztsova (which was one of the particular selling points for me).  Am I remembering that wrong, or is she injured or something?

I think EO is second cast, it was announced as SZ as the star in Switzerland as far as I remember. Sorry, not sure.

• Like 1

Publicity using a photo of Obratsova was used but it was always going to be the Zakharova for the broadcast.

3) Download a VPN extension for free, such as Hulu

All very welcome, I am very happy to help especially those that forgot or missed it.

Also should make for a lovely Nutcracker too :)

btw I noticed I use hola! extension in chrome rather than hulu.

These extensions also help if you have netflix or want to watch region specific tv or websites as you can just choose where you are. Especially good for US netflix :)

I posted very much the same on the old Bolshoi broadcast thread.-moderators, sorry, could you move me if I am in the wrong place?

I would like to thank the gentleman in our cinema who firmly, loudly and rightly told the person checking her emails 2 rows in front of us to 'please turn it off!

Thank you...otherwise most of  the audience seemed pretty enthralled and rapt ...as was I.