Yes, but as I think I pointed out early on in the thread, they're never open when I'm in town. And ordering online presupposes that I know I'm going to want it in any given month, which is far from certain.

Well I thought the whole point of this thread was so that you could decide if you want to buy a copy or not. The logistics are up to you I'm afraid and you can buy single issues direct from Dance Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Our WH Smith usually has a copy or two of Dance Europe, but I have to really search along the shelves to find it as they don't seem to know which section to put it in and it gets moved about.

Just discovered that my local WHS has done the same: and there I was thinking they'd discontinued selling it.  It's surely not rocket science, though, is it?  Just put it along with the opera and music magazines would seem to make most sense.  But no ... :(

Actually, this month's Dancing Times looked to me to be better - but it contains a number of letters complaining about the lack of ballroom coverage ...

• 3 weeks later...

The March edition of Dance Europe has much of interest. For example, there are interviews with Laurretta Summerscales, Federico Bonelli and Brooklyn Mack. The reviews include Strapless, Ratmansky's Swan Lake in Zurich, the Ashton Double Bills in Birmingham and Bucharest and ENB's Le Corsaire (Ksenia Ovsyanick's performance as Medora).

Edited to add that the March Dancing Times has an article about Benjamin Millepied and the POB and reviews of both the Rhapsody/Two Pigeons double bill and the Wheeldon triple at the ROH.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

I got both magazines today too, as usual lots of beautiful large photos in Dance Europe, including the Wheeldon triple bill, I think there is as enough coverage of ballet in The Dancing Times to make it worth buying, I will continue my subscription for another year anyway.